Talk

Advanced search

Always get arch blisters at anything over 6k

(6 Posts)
PossumInAPearTree Tue 16-May-17 10:17:39

I've had gait analysis. I over pronate. Running shop recommended some Brooks. They were shit. Did a 10k and my socks were welded to my feet with dried blood by the time I finished.

Currently got Asics and they're the same. I've tried all manner of socks.

Do I keep trying different trainers....it's getting expensive. Try a different running shop and different gait analysis? Insoles? Zinc oxide tape?

BrexitSucks Wed 17-May-17 09:17:40

I know this is stupid question.. but would big plasters in the danger area help? Not sure I know what an arch blister is.

PossumInAPearTree Wed 17-May-17 09:23:36

I've been googling and some people swear by putting tape over the areas which I guess is the same idea as a plaster. Arch blister is just a blister on the arch of the foot, but it's more on the side of the arch rather than the bottom of the foot.

Will try plasters on Saturday and see how I get on.

BabyMoonPie Wed 17-May-17 09:31:42

Do you have a shop local to you which will let you take the trainers back if they're not suitable after you've worn them? Up and Running do this - you buy the trainers, wear them for a run on the treadmill and then if there are problems you can take them back (i appreciate this only works if you've got gym membership so can access a treadmill). Have you tried twin skin socks - they solved my blisters

PossumInAPearTree Wed 17-May-17 17:51:08

Yes have got twin socks. I'm in a gym so could run with new trainers in a treadmill. Will enquire with the local indie running shop if the plasters don't work, maybe they would accept returns.

Lesley1980 Sun 21-May-17 00:07:30

I get this. I wrap duct tape nearly all the way round my foot the width of my arch. I leave the gap just so it doesn't tighten too much when my feet swell. It stays on really well & protects your feet, wear socks over it as normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now