Talk

Advanced search

Swimming shampoo recommendations

(10 Posts)
lydiangel83 Sun 14-May-17 13:11:03

Hi all

I have blonde highlights and find my hair is very dry mostly all the time and that swimming makes it worse. I used a 'clarifying' shampoo but hairdresser could feel chlorine on my hair last few times I went.

Any recommendations for a recent shampoo that will remove chlorine but not my colour would be very appreciated!

Thanks!

Welldoneme Sun 14-May-17 19:10:11

I go swimming too and I would love some recommendations

wintersdawn Sun 14-May-17 19:13:41

Oddly I was looking for swimming shampoo just this week. I'm sure there used to be a couple of ranges available but couldn't find any.

bettybyebye Sun 14-May-17 19:16:47

I don't know how it would affect highlights as I don't have them, but I use Paul Mitchell shampoo 3 which is a clarifying shampoo and works fantastically. I swim about 3 x per week and hair is always soft, no chlorine etc. I wash once with that first, then my normal shampoo and conditioner

TheLegendOfBeans Sun 14-May-17 19:17:16

No question, it's got to be Boots Sun, Swim and Gym shampoo and conditioner (get them separate).

My hair used to be stringy and breaky and is now rather swishy and lovely. Plus I'm blonde and it stops my hair looking dull.

CMOTDibbler Sun 14-May-17 19:19:25

Boots Swim and Gym does it for me too. I swim a lot and have long hair and its in great condition. An added bonus is that you don't smell of chlorine either

Blushme Sun 14-May-17 19:25:13

Agree boots sun swim and gym is really good. They do a leave in/protector you can put in when in the sun too x

lydiangel83 Mon 15-May-17 00:14:15

Great thanks ladies! Have actually used the Boots one before but think maybe I was being lazy with it and need to do two rinses. Will give that and Paul Mitchell a go!

Thanks again!!

QuestaVecchiaCasa Wed 17-May-17 14:46:35

I have found that the best thing to protect my hair is to wear a swim hat. My hair still gets wet but with it tucked away, the damage doesn't seem so great. I usually swim twice weekly btw.

LambChopsMcGee Tue 23-May-17 20:55:59

I wear a swim cap and I use Bumble and Bumble Sunday shampoo -- it's expensive as hell but it last a long time and my hair looks so great after using it. It is nicer and shinier after I've been swimming than when I've just washed it in the shower at home!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now