Talk

Advanced search

Cycling injury - advice needed please!

(8 Posts)
StillWaitingForTea Thu 11-May-17 21:21:54

I took my bike out into the forest a week ago, after a very long break. I took a bend a bit too fast, and hit a log. The bike obviously stopped but I was thrown sideways and I injured my inside thigh on the saddle.

Since then my inside thigh has been a rainbow of different colours, but now it feels lumpy at the site of the injury. Is this normal? I put an ice pack on it when it first happened but have just been putting arnica cream on it since to bring out the bruising.

So cross with myself for not taking it easier after such a long break. Any advice would be much appreciated.

ragged Thu 11-May-17 21:27:12

bruising can come up in lumps, yeah.
Feel free to share a pic, the more colourful the better!

Piffpaffpoff Thu 11-May-17 21:31:19

I had a bad bike crash and had a massive bruise from where I landed on my hip/bum. Mine went all the colours and also became a hard lump within the surrounding area, about the size of a mars bar. I think it took weeks for it to stop feeling like that and I presumed it was just a really 'deep' bruise due to the heavy impact. I'm not a medical person though, this was just my experience. Hope it feels better soon.

StillWaitingForTea Thu 11-May-17 21:39:49

Thanks. Ha, no I didn't dare take a photo - didn't want one of the DCs seeing it on my phone! <grim>

I think it must be very deep bruising. It's still a bit tender to touch, but not unbearably so. I guess it's only been a week. When it happened it was such a burning pain I half expected to see blood as I thought I'd split my skin.

Piffpaffpoff Thu 11-May-17 21:53:06

Arnica tablets might help - not sure how deep the cream will go.

StillWaitingForTea Fri 12-May-17 15:56:27

Just thought I'd update...went to see the GP today as one of the lumps is the size of a grape and it's all more painful than before. Apparently it's a haematoma so I've got to have an MRI scan on it. Won't be back on my bike for a while that's for sure!

StillWaitingForTea Fri 12-May-17 16:04:36

Ultrasound, not MRI!

ragged Fri 12-May-17 19:30:15

What will they look for @ the MRI?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now