Talk

Advanced search

Gym routine

(13 Posts)
elliey Sat 06-May-17 04:49:01

I normally go to the gym after work but find it such a faff changing back into my work clothes afterwards (putting tights back on etc) that I have started travelling home in my workout gear. I realise this is probably not healthy as I am sitting around in my sweaty exercise gear. What do others do?

Tiredemma Sat 06-May-17 07:34:44

I do the same. I always bomb out of the gym in my sweaty clothes to get home for the DCs. Kit goes straight into the machine and I jump in the shower.

mangomay Sat 06-May-17 07:36:20

Same, although my gym is a 10 min walk from my house so I just jog it and shower/change when I'm home. If I was commuting I'd just have a good long spray of deodorant and be on my way.

sheepashwap Sat 06-May-17 07:41:27

I almost never showered at the gym. Much preferred my home shower so just got home and changed. If i was taking public transport and was a bit pongy i might change t-shirt and baby wipe the pits (maybe, depending on distance). And I used to go to the gym for a few hours every day for years (now can't with kids/problems from births). Our bodies are designed to sweat. We won't get ill from that.

Maybe is someone's prone to thrush it could be more of an issue...

Anyway, no way I'd be putting tights back on!

AmethystRaven Sat 06-May-17 07:43:24

I shower there and put joggers and a sweatshirt on for going home. It's a bit of a faff and it feels like I'm there ages sometimes, but I think it takes less time overall than doing it at home and it means by the time I'm home I'm home and done.

user1477249785 Sat 06-May-17 15:04:59

I am gross and happily wear my gym kit for the rest of the day. <Minger emoticon>

SamoanSamosa Fri 12-May-17 18:10:59

Yes I take a clean comfy outfit, joggers and a top. I swear a lot so have to change or it'd be disgusting

madein1995 Sun 14-May-17 21:28:02

I'm OTT - I quite often go to the gym after work and take a spare set of clothes to change into. I shower at the gym (as when I get home all I want to do is flop down in front of the tv), so I go from work in uniform, get changed into gym stuff, work out, shower and then put on clean clothes. Nothing fancy though - trackies and an old tee shirt

KatharinaRosalie Sun 14-May-17 21:32:17

I go home without changing, but that's 15 min, by car. If commute home was an hour in public transport, I would shower and change.

MackerelOfFact Sun 14-May-17 21:38:25

I don't get changed, and I travel home on the bus/tube. blush

Wolfiefan Sun 14-May-17 21:41:37

I wouldn't peel off sweaty clothes and put work stuff back on.
Shower and fresh clothes or dash home and straight into the shower.
How is sweat unhealthy?
Stinky maybe if you have a long commute. But unhealthy?! confused

KatharinaRosalie Sun 14-May-17 21:47:43

I would get cold in my sweaty clothes. But I'm always soaked after exercise - if you've been to a relaxing yoga (or similar) class, I'm sure it's perfectly fine to travel home as you are

BollardDodger Mon 15-May-17 15:13:23

I don't get changed, and I travel home on the bus/tube.
No point getting changed for the Tube, as the Tube would make you stink anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now