Talk

Advanced search

Additional spin class or running?

(4 Posts)
anon1968 Sun 23-Apr-17 18:03:00

Im wanting to lose weight and tone up, i am a gym member and currently do, body attack, body combat and a spin class, each once weekly, then a gym session weekly, treadmill & machnes, i have recently started increasing my treadmill session to 30 mins, i now have the time to add in one more session, at the time I can go, it's either a spin class or a gym session, with the intention of being able to up my running times. I don't have a vast amount to lose, so its which would be more beneficial to me in a toning, fitness sense, with weightloss being an added bonus. Can anyone advise pls?

xapril87x Sun 23-Apr-17 18:05:15

I would say lifting weights would be most beneficial for your goal. I used to be a total cardio bunny and would class myself as skinny but with a bit of a tummy. Changed to weights, and i completely changed my body shape. I became a lot more tonned and finally had a nice tight, flat stomach which was always my goal when I was doing cardio

BellyDancer124 Sun 23-Apr-17 18:07:01

Seeing as you're already doing a fab amount (fair play to you) I would go with what you enjoy the most out of the two.. to avoid you getting bored/burnt out! I associate spin class with weight loss and gym session with toning, as you can change the gym session around as your body and goals change smile

anon1968 Sun 23-Apr-17 18:12:42

Thanks for the reply, i've been told that before, i do a few of the machines, leg press, calf press, lat pull down(?) and chess press (only lightish weights weekly) and can see my shape changing slowly,, i probably ought to try pump class, again, i did it a few times, but didnt really enjoy it so didn't stick at it., i just seem to find the cardio type classes more enjoyable

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now