Talk

Advanced search

Beginner runner, suddenly tired

(3 Posts)
sniffle12 Sat 22-Apr-17 10:54:31

I started running in early March. The first couple of weeks I only did one run. Then I slowly increased to 3 runs per week. All around 3-5k and for at least one I mix running with walking. I don't go too fast because I have asthma which I need to keep under control so I think I go at a pretty measured pace.

Up until now, all this has kept me pretty injury free. I've just had the usual achey muscles but always gone by the next run.

But suddenly this week, I've just felt achey and rubbish. Even though I had two rest days, did park run today and my legs started aching as soon as I started running and one of my small calves in particular felt tight and has all week.

I am on my period so I'm wondering if that's making me tired.

Am I doing too much or do I just need to keep at it and keep stretching and the muscles will adapt?

ragged Sat 22-Apr-17 14:05:59

Don't you just get tired for no reason in ordinary life? (Sometimes)

PregnantAndEngaged Sat 22-Apr-17 16:27:09

Maybe you just need a bit longer rest to recover from your last run. There's no harm in taking an extra day off if you need to, you don't want to do yourself an injury.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now