Talk

Advanced search

Pains in heart area after running :-(

(3 Posts)
muttrat Wed 19-Apr-17 11:26:48

What it says really. Everytime I run I get a pain (feels like a pulled muscle) when I get home. It's still twinging now and I got back 2 hours ago. It definitely feels muscular but it's worrying me. I rang the gps last week for a blood pressure test (see earlier thread where I was roundly lambasted for wanting to waste the NHS time!). I have an appointment tomorrow. Just trying not to get too anxious about it.

wetcardboard Wed 19-Apr-17 17:59:50

Is it a new thing?

I used to get pain in the chest area around the heart when working out, but it went away as my conditioning improved. Now I'm fitter I don't get it all. In my case it was definitely muscular, not the heart itself.

So my advice would be - don't worry about it too much and get it seen to for peace of mind. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow!

IvorHughJarrs Wed 19-Apr-17 18:01:47

My DH had this and was thoroughly investigated but nothing found so they thought it was probably muscular. Yours may be nothing serious too so don't panic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now