Talk

Advanced search

Good trainers for road running?

(9 Posts)
Julia2016 Thu 06-Apr-17 13:02:49

Just looking for some recommendations. I've started back running again, doing a 5k program, of course I did too much too fast and hurt my achilles. I was using a pair of new balance but they weren't very specific for me. I used to do a lot of running years ago and I probate on my right foot. I need a fairly decent pair. Any ideas? I like Asia's too.

Julia2016 Thu 06-Apr-17 13:04:02

Bloody auto correct. That's pronate and asics.

WeAllHaveWings Thu 06-Apr-17 13:10:42

I don't run, but a friend has taken it up recently and he went to an independent sports shop who have machine that checks how you run (don't know the science!) and then they advise on the appropriate shoes. He says they have made a huge difference to his shin splints.

PhilomenaCunk Thu 06-Apr-17 14:13:55

Saucony Guide 9. If you get last season's colours you can get a pair for £70.

MaidOfStars Thu 06-Apr-17 15:09:41

I have Asics Gel-Nimbus 18s, but I am a neutral runner. I'd get someone to have a look at your gait.

Julia2016 Fri 07-Apr-17 17:22:28

Thanks a million, I will check these out..

chutneypig Fri 07-Apr-17 20:11:45

I over pronate on my right foot and have had several pairs of Saucony Guide 8 and 9s. I'd say it's well worth getting advice from a good shop though as it's so personal to you.

thisgirlrides Fri 07-Apr-17 20:20:25

Another vote for Saucony Guide 8 & getting a proper fit

BubbleBed Fri 07-Apr-17 20:24:57

Every one is different, you need to go and get fitted. I can't run in neutrals, but need a little support - but "support" trainers knackered my knees. I used to run in Brooks Ravenna's and now in New Balance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now