Talk

Advanced search

Best headphones for running?

(19 Posts)
PinkCloudDweller Sat 01-Apr-17 22:26:20

What would you recommend? My regular headphones don't stay put.

Whyisitsodifficult Sat 01-Apr-17 22:29:29

I'm also interested in this, sorry to crash your thread but does anyone use the bone conducting ones?

ChampagneTastes Sat 01-Apr-17 22:33:23

I use Jabra Move. They are wireless and brilliant. Super comfy.

PinkCloudDweller Sat 01-Apr-17 22:53:41

Is wireless best, then?

RobsAKnob Sun 02-Apr-17 08:43:04

I use the bone-conducting one - aftershoks. They're fantastic - don't budge, keep a good charge, you can't feel them and because they're not in your ears you can hear what's going on around you. Also because they're not in your ears you don't get that horrible squelchy sweaty feeling in them. I've had hundreds of pairs of earbuds and they're the best yet.

PinkCloudDweller Sun 02-Apr-17 09:01:19

Thanks! But... the price! About £100 for headphones sounds a bit crazy, are they so much better than the others?

sm40 Sun 02-Apr-17 09:21:32

I have jabra wireless ones. I did have some that were meant to stay in the ear but they didn't so have the ones with a u shape that goes over the ear.
They link to a tracking app which you can work by a button on
The ear. Useful if phone in back of leggings.

RobsAKnob Sun 02-Apr-17 09:52:19

I have the ones that cost £80 on amazon but I've also noticed that there are some for £45 - don't know what they're like.

They're expensive but I've got through loads of pairs over the years because I've found them so irritating. I run four or five times a week (and am easily irritated!) so they've been a good investment for me. The sound's ok but there's quite a lot of leakage so they wouldn't be any good for using on the tube/bus

lottachocca Sun 02-Apr-17 20:19:39

I have plantronics wireless - they are pretty good, my favourite are Sound sport by Bose but they are wired.

carrie74 Sun 02-Apr-17 20:54:52

DH has some Beats Powerbeats Bluetooth headphones, with the bit that fits over your ears. I borrow them when running too and they're much more comfortable than any other in ear headphone I've used. Might try to get a pair myself soon, but they're definitely not cheap.

ThursdayLastWeek Sun 02-Apr-17 20:57:14

I have some wireless ones from Amazon that have excellent sound quality (too good to have both in if I'm on the road!) but aren't amazingly comfy.

Recently though I've just been using the headphones that came with DHs iPhone. They stay in surprisingly well!

Whyisitsodifficult Sun 02-Apr-17 22:15:58

RobsaKnob are your Aftershoks wireless? I'm very tempted I mainly run on/near roads and I don't really like not being able to hear what's going on around me and these seem like the solution. I have mild hearing loss can you still hear your music clearly when cars go past, I can't quite get my head around how they work!

PinkCloudDweller Mon 03-Apr-17 06:53:22

Quick question, what is so good about wireless headphones? Are wired ones much more uncomfortable?

ThursdayLastWeek Mon 03-Apr-17 07:26:00

I thought that wireless headphones would be a revelation but actually I find the set up a bit annoying.

lottachocca Mon 03-Apr-17 08:19:21

I like wireless because sometimes the wire gets in the way...Otherwise if you don't find wires annoying I'd say I preferred my Bose Soundsport for their ear comfort and ability to stay put.

RobsAKnob Mon 03-Apr-17 20:12:15

Yes, they're wireless. You can hear the music pretty well in traffic but I like to listen to it fairly loud. I don't know how it would be if you're more civilised. They sit just in front of your ears, sort of in the dip between your ear and your cheekbone, so they don't budge. You can still hear cars etc but if you get to a busy junction you can just push them slightly forward and then you can barely hear the music. The other thing is that, because you've got no wires to get tangled up in and they're fixed fairly securely in front of your ears, you can twist your head around more easily - I've always found that my head movement feels restricted with wired headphones.

Don't know if there's anywhere you can try them out. It's quite a lot if money to risk although I guess you could possibly send them back if you buy them online. Mine were an unexpected present.

snorymcsnoreson Mon 24-Apr-17 22:55:24

I'm interested to know op did you buy any?

I've just ordered some aftershokz ones as they're allowed at a local running event I've entered. Hope they're good! (Not the wireless ones as they were twice the price!)

Salubrious Mon 24-Apr-17 22:58:44

I'm old school compared to other posters - I have a proper set of Sony headphones so I can drown out all other noise whilst I'm running

namechangedtoday15 Mon 24-Apr-17 23:01:13

No idea about wireless but if you get the ones that fit over your ears, they stay put.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now