Talk

Advanced search

If you do home workouts...

(10 Posts)
Happybee09 Fri 31-Mar-17 13:15:14

When do you fit them in around the dc?
I have 1 dc at home and the other on school, between entertaining the youngest and running around with clubs etc for the eldest and running the home I feel like I don't have time
I did 2 days of the T25 dvds (with dd running about my ankles) but I am so bone achingly tired today that i am just about managing to keep the house in order (just)

Talk to me about your routines people

Happybee09 Fri 31-Mar-17 13:16:08

Also on my own with no childcare/family for babysitting so can't go to the gym/for a run

LauraMarling Fri 31-Mar-17 13:18:23

I have children similar age to you.
I get my cardio in by pram and lots of walking.
I also do weightlifting about 30-40mins a day.
When I'm motivated I get up workout and shower before kids get up
Other days I do it as soon as they are in bed or create a winding down time 30mins before bed.
Other times they will play, with it being weights it's easier to stop and start!

RoganJosh Fri 31-Mar-17 13:19:37

6.30am here. I have to stop a couple of times to make toast etc but that's ok. Or 7.30 pm when they went to bed a bit earlier.

lovelyredwine Fri 31-Mar-17 13:23:25

Like RoganJosh I do it after they are in bed. Little one still up at 5 half the time so I don't do it in the mornings as I'm definitely not getting out of bed before that!

ErrolTheDragon Fri 31-Mar-17 13:24:29

A lot of people find the 30day shred dvds ok to do with a kid around, not sure if they're significantly different to t25 though.

Maybe you could try doing tabata intervals. You can get timer apps for this. Then the idea is essentially to exercise as hard as you can for 20seconds, rest 10 seconds, repeat x 8. Then have a break for 2 mins (or more)The exercise can be almost anything, provided it is strenuous enough that you really feel like you need a break after 20 secs. So what you do depends on your level of fitness and what equipment/space you have. Its very flexible and as each set is under 4 mins it allows for a bit of multitasking.

JapaneseTea Fri 31-Mar-17 13:31:17

Do them whenever you can and get the kids used to it. They will want to sit on you etc but just move them out the way and carry on.

I do all Jillians's ones in rotation, shred, extreme shred, kettle bells, kickboxing etc so I don't get bored and muscles don't get lazy.

Keep going!

Happybee09 Fri 31-Mar-17 16:19:49

Thanks everyone, think I'm just having one of those days, feeling a bit demotivated and tired and a teeny bit sorry for myself
If you can all do it then I will find time
flowers

SuffolkingGrand Mon 10-Apr-17 03:02:41

Have exactly the same problem about finding time to exercise but the other day I had a brainwave and dusted off the old Wii and found cheap wii fit, cardio, yoga and core strength discs on eBay for about a quid each. When I'm at home I therefore wear leggings, sports bra and t shirt so I can pop a disc on when baby's asleep or in his playpen etc and get 20 mins yoga done or a quick blast of cardio. It's about juggling time round and being able to snatch time to do it without having to waste time getting changed.

KurlyWurly88 Mon 10-Apr-17 04:13:40

I'm following the kaylaitshines app - generally 6.30 in the morning before everyone is up!

It's okay, I've never done a home workout, but I don't have time (or £££) to head to the gym any more. Any suggestion on anything that has worked for them? I like to work out in the garden (my house is tiny, and a mess)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now