Talk

Advanced search

Couch 25K

(8 Posts)
wtf2015 Mon 27-Mar-17 00:20:51

After months of procrastinating, tomorrow I am starting this. Anyone like to join me?

sniffle12 Sat 01-Apr-17 23:19:40

I started last Sunday so am starting week 2 tomorrow - but close enough!

My tip is take the runs slowly - slower than your instinct says. In week one you have to do 8 x 1 minute runs and I found I started out too fast on the first few runs and was getting too tired by the end ones.

My other tip is don't take any notice of others you see out on your run or encounter around you who are faster/fitter/don't seem to find it as difficult/etc. The best quote I ever heard about exercise was "don't compare your beginning to someone else's middle". You are only just starting on your journey so don't compare yourself to anybody who is a good way into theirs. One day that will be you!

I am already feeling a difference even after just the first three runs.

diamantegal Tue 18-Apr-17 00:09:34

I started today - and felt like death after the first run!

I've done it before so was expecting the first one to be easy (well, hire unfit can you get in two years? Turns out, quite a lot!).

On the plus side, I've done it before so must be able to do it again. Might do another run Tuesday, otherwise Wednesday. Would be good to hear from anyone else struggling through from the start!

diamantegal Tue 18-Apr-17 00:11:22

hire? How.

I blame autocorrect and wine, which is allowed because I ran today

Embley Tue 18-Apr-17 00:11:51

I've just finished week one and found it really hard but I'm going to give week 2 a go

Thirtyrock39 Sun 23-Apr-17 16:19:08

I've just done my first one and it was so much harder than I thought but I can literally feel theendorphins charging through me now .
Annoyingly I was fiddling with the song player and rewound the programme so ended up doing more than I should and havingto thenfast forward to the cool down don't know if I've got a rubbish app??
I'm really keen to become a runner or at least someone who doesn't feel like death after thirty seconds jogging at a snails pace

Migrant2 Tue 25-Apr-17 14:13:06

It will work, I promise! Stick with it, hang in there! Try reading the thread a little further up than this one about c25k graduates, lots of inspiration there! It totally changed my life and I really, really struggled at the beginning. Definitely go slowly to start with.

Thirtyrock39 Tue 25-Apr-17 15:47:33

Thanks I'll look at that threD. Today's run/walk was loads easier

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now