Talk

Advanced search

Triathlon in 6 weeks - left it too late?

(3 Posts)
thisgirlrides Thu 23-Mar-17 22:33:17

I signed up for a sprint + triathlon which is in 6 weeks. Due to injury I've done very little except running & even that has been low key as it was uncomfortable (shoulder injury). I'm now feeling fine except for the stone I put on whilst moping about said injury hmm-- a--nd would love to give it a shot but worried about lack of fitness. If I really put the effort in training 5 days a week (twice a week each discipline inc 1 brick (bike/run) session) do you think I will be ok to go ahead? I can pass on the place to a friend if not so nothing lost financially but just need a kick up the arse to decide.
I can do the ride no problem but went for a swim last night and barely managed 10 lengths without gasping for breath & can run a slow 8km so short of the 10km race distance & that was going out fresh first thing in the morning sad
Any thoughts?

lljkk Fri 24-Mar-17 20:27:18

I don't think it's worth aggravating your shoulder injury back into existence -- sorry.

What are each of the distances and overall how is your aerobic fitness?
I agreed up to do a SS-tri & did it fine with 8 days notice, but I was pretty fit already.

thisgirlrides Sun 26-Mar-17 11:03:52

Distances aren't massive 400m, 30km & 10km - I've done it before and until Christmas was pretty fit but it's definitely lapsed since then. I'm going to try 2 weeks of proper training and see how it feels then make a final decision. Thanks and you're right, I don't want to get injured again when there's a whole summer of exercise to enjoy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now