Talk

Advanced search

Running buggy

(7 Posts)
3boysNeedABiggerKitchen Tue 21-Mar-17 12:54:52

Can anyone advise me on a running buggy for parkruns and local jogs, some off road and bumpy stuff.

I have a baby jogger city mini GT that I love, the fold is so easy and it fits in the boot. Obviously I cannot run with it, but I would like to keep it alongside a running buggy which I imagine will be more of a brute to fold, store and fit in the car.

I only need a single, I guess I need suspension, I cannot find anything 2nd hand for miles around (I'm in Bristol), even though I do not care how it looks, just how it performs.

They are so expensive new.

I am looking at a single nipper sport which seems the best option, any wise advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

thegoatwhogotthequiche Tue 21-Mar-17 13:47:10

If you can find one of these second hand they are amazing to run with (you can no longer buy them new) they are as light as a feather and you can really stride out/sprint. They don't have suspension but they seem to give a comfortable ride, they are only suitable for 6 months plus though.

I think that this is a slightly newer version.

The nipper sport looks good but I did wonder what weight it was? I had a nipper double with a swivel wheel and loved it, it was one of my favorite pushchairs.

3boysNeedABiggerKitchen Tue 21-Mar-17 15:34:24

Hi goat, thanks for your reply, I will have a look at these and take your point about weight. I'll keep looking!

sirfredfredgeorge Wed 22-Mar-17 12:53:18

The performance (the "slightly newer version") does have very slight suspension, not enough that you notice it when pushing, but I'm sure enough that is smooths out some of the smaller bumps. DD certainly never complained, even running down steep hills at breakneck speed, you barely notice you're pushing it!

3boysNeedABiggerKitchen Wed 22-Mar-17 13:45:51

Sir Fred, if only I could achieve break neck speeds! The baby joggers look tempting. I'm assuming that the big wheels will ride out the bumps on the older version without the need for (heavier to push) suspension

sirfredfredgeorge Wed 22-Mar-17 21:55:16

The new version is lighter, the suspension is just a small springiness in the two rear uprights, but yes the big wheels stop the bumps and roll so easily!

thegoatwhogotthequiche Thu 23-Mar-17 11:35:24

The big wheels are great, I use the baby jogger as a normal pushchair as it goes up and down curbs really easily (it is not so great in shops though!).

Another thing to note is that the wrist strap becomes really essential, like a bike the buggy will keep going at speed if you happened to let go, even on the flat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now