Talk

Advanced search

Problematic hip flexor'

(10 Posts)
stupidphone Wed 15-Mar-17 21:25:45

Any top tips with tight hip flexor snd ham strings? Mine awful and lower back pain anouying. I have had awful what I call 'pregnancy pose' since having kids, where my pelvis tips forward my my tummy looks fatter than it is! If I stand up tall I look quite good! Any exercise recommendations?

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Thu 16-Mar-17 08:16:52

Mutu maybe?

naturalbaby Fri 17-Mar-17 13:25:28

I saw a sports physio a while ago with similar pains and he said it was a tight psoas. I've done loads of hip mobility and squats to strengthen my quads since then and haven't had any pain. I had 3 kids in less than 3 years then mainly did running so it just got tighter and tighter.

ReluctantlyRedundant101 Sat 18-Mar-17 19:31:10

I have exactly the same! Stretching seems to have really helped - what's mutu?

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Sat 18-Mar-17 21:33:44

Mutu is an exercise programme set up for post-natal women, but you can do it at any time. I auggested it because the op mentioned pg posture and mum-tum.

FreeButtonBee Sat 18-Mar-17 21:41:11

Side planks and one legged squats plus tons of full squats sorted me out. Also holding the baby much higher up my body (not resting on hip but on bottom of my ribs- not easy as I am only 5'3) and not standing with weight resting on weak side.

Dozer Sat 18-Mar-17 21:46:39

Les mills classes, especially body balance, and pump for the squats and lunges, have helped me on this. Also quite a lot on youtube.

I found mutu repetitive and I didn't look forward to the sessions.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Sat 18-Mar-17 21:50:27

Fair point Dozer - I got bored amd found it took up a lot of time. A lot of people swear by it though.

carrie74 Sat 18-Mar-17 21:54:08

Yoga! I've got really tight hammies, and yoga's helped enormously.

Dozer Sun 19-Mar-17 20:18:01

Yes am sure mutu is effective, it's specially designed, a supportive online community, and helped me a lot in returning to exercise after DC and feeling better about my body, even though I didn't fully complete the programme.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now