Talk

Advanced search

Sit-up alternative

(7 Posts)
stupidphone Wed 15-Mar-17 21:22:26

Feeling miserable. I have been injury free for a while (since knee probs which prevented me from doing my beloved running). I have been going to the gym and mainly doing spinning, HITT and abs training which I love! Think I pushed it a bit with weighted sit-ups now my lower back is constantly niggling. I had to pull out of my class today now feel I am doooomed! Anyways, apart from planks what other exercises are great for abs that I can do whilst in semi recovery?

naturalbaby Wed 15-Mar-17 22:03:06

I mainly did planks and variations of them when I did boot camp and my abs were in the best shape they've ever been in!
I'm doing more gymnastics based core work at the moment which has also strengthened my lower back. Mainly holding the hollow position. Lots and lots of foam rolling my lower back, before and after a workout, also keeps it o.k to get through a workout when it's niggling.

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Wed 15-Mar-17 22:04:20

Fitness hula hoop?

RJnomore1 Wed 15-Mar-17 22:06:04

There's a million plank variations. Google.

Also abs roll outs

Leg raises

Loads of core exercises using a trx machine

RJnomore1 Wed 15-Mar-17 22:06:50

Hanging leg raises

Just hanging actually

ThursdayLastWeek Fri 17-Mar-17 20:51:30

Lots of Pilates exercises. The breathing techniques help protect your back as you perform them.

ImtheSantaAnaWinds Sat 18-Mar-17 01:48:47

Jessica Smith has lots of standing abs routines in YouTube that I found more doable when recovering from abdominal surgery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now