Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Question for Glasgow park runners

(7 Posts)
Whowouldfardelsbear Mon 13-Mar-17 23:51:56

I'm off to the UK for a holiday in July and spending a week in Glasgow. I would love to do a glasgow park run - I'm a member but rarely do it here in New Zealand as they start at 8am which is just too early for me!

Anyway, we're staying right by Hillhead Underground Station - which will be the easiest park run to get to? I won't have access to a car so will by getting there on foot or by public transport.

Also as I will be in midst of marathon training, and advice on good running locations would be awesome.

Thanks!

emummy Tue 14-Mar-17 12:58:45

I think Victoria Park would be your nearest one. The course page gives some advice about transport there, you could always run to it!

OhDearToby Tue 14-Mar-17 13:00:26

Victoria Park. You can run along the cycle path or catch the number 4 bus from Highburgh Road.

AuntieStella Tue 14-Mar-17 13:04:10

I know nothing about Glasgow, but have used this site to find places to run when visiting other cities.

You'll probably (I hope) get better answers from locals, but in case not it's worth having a go to see what routes they have that might suit you.

www.mapmyrun.com/routes/

Hobbitch Tue 14-Mar-17 13:06:31

The Botanic Gardens are nearby and a great place to run.

EllenRipley Tue 14-Mar-17 13:16:14

If you're on Byres Road/Hillhead underground, you can walk up University Avenue and be in Kelvingrove park in 5-10 minutes. Or get underground from Hillhead to Kelvinbridge (one stop). You're also a few minutes away (up Byres rd) from the Botanic Gardens. X

Whowouldfardelsbear Tue 14-Mar-17 20:04:44

Thanks all - I will look into to the Victoria Park site. I did look on google maps, but it is hard to tell from there which roads are walkable or crossable! I like botanic gardens so a run there will be good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now