We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Les Mills on Demand

(22 Posts)
CantstandmLMs Sat 04-Mar-17 20:02:01

Just wanted to recommend this as I've been absolutely loving it. I used to do Pump at the gym but my work is all over the place and fitting in getting to classes is too hard (I do go to the gym a couple of times a week).

I did the 10 day free trial and just did Pump but I've recently tried Body Combat which I absolutely love! And Body Attack is also great. I still have so much more to try.

I did Pump 100 for a few weeks running and decided to try a random one today to switch it up. I think it was 97 and I loved it! Loving you can switch it up.

My only negative is it will sometimes stutter and I have to just go along hoping im getting by the moves right whilst it catches up! I'm running it from the fire tv app so may just be that app that's causing the problem!

drivingmisspotty Thu 09-Mar-17 16:45:09

Sounds really interesting!

How much is it once the free trial finishes? And do you need lots of weights/equipment?

Silvertap Thu 09-Mar-17 17:40:58

Have also wondered about this

CantstandmLMs Thu 09-Mar-17 18:04:04

It's £10 a month and for most of the stuff you don't need any equipment. So Bodycombat and Attack for example, I've been doing those a couple of times a week. No equipment needed just a bit of floor space!

For Pump you would need a barbell (I got mine from argos for about £40) and preferably a Step (before I got my step I used my coffee table to to chest and arm tracks lol).

Any other questions just ask. I have used it so much and use the Les Mills app to log classes and earn badges (a bit of at home motivation!)

Bansteadmum Sat 11-Mar-17 18:57:20

Ooh I didn't know you could get virtual badges!

Nice use of the coffee table!

I like these classes, online ones are good too, but obviously no group motivation and the music isn't as good as it's cover versions.

CantstandmLMs Sat 11-Mar-17 23:29:15

I've found myself chanting a long with the instructors on the videos lol. And in Attack when he splits the room In half I honestly feel I'm part of the group lol.

Yes the app where you get badges is the yellow logo les Mills one. You log what class(es) you've taken that day and it has goals such as "log 2 classes in a row" etc. It's quite motivating. It also shows you your total calories burnt at the top (an estimate I guess based on your class but still cool)

Honey1975 Sun 12-Mar-17 08:41:46

This sounds really good. I'm just starting out with exercise - do they do any gentler classes to ease me in?

CantstandmLMs Sun 12-Mar-17 11:27:13

Honey, they do half hour classes of their hour classes such as Body Combat. They tell you doing a class if you want to do a few tracks and come back tomorrow you will get fitter each time.

WigglyWooWorm Sun 12-Mar-17 11:29:24

So you just load the classes you want when yiu want?

Do they still update them every few weeks?

fruityb Sun 12-Mar-17 11:33:33

This sounds fab - I used to do balance and pump. I'd give combat a go as well. I can't get to the gym very easily now but could do these at home around my son having a nap and such. 😄

CantstandmLMs Sun 12-Mar-17 11:36:47

Wiggly, yes it has loads on there such as the latest Pump release 100. Apparently new content going on as and when I haven't seen any yet at 3 weeks in but there's so much still to do!

Fruity, there's also a kids section on there if you want to get your son into Les Mills himself grin

Honestly, give the free trial a go. I wasn't sure if I would continue before I started but now I feel it's so worth it. I already go to the gym a few times a week (they don't do classes and class times don't suit my work pattern!) but I think this membership is more worth it and I'm so motivated by it!

I'm about to go and do Combat!

fruityb Sun 12-Mar-17 11:41:30

Can you cancel before the trial is up?

Titsywoo Sun 12-Mar-17 11:57:58

Hmm I wonder if I can do these on my TV since I have internet connectivity on it. Also interested in the kids workouts as my son is trying to get fitter. Think I'll sign up tomorrow and give it a try. Are there hour long workouts?

Bansteadmum Sun 12-Mar-17 12:41:51

Yes, 55 mins.

Yes, you can cancel before the trial is up.

Titsywoo Thu 23-Mar-17 23:26:14

I've done a couple of the Grit 30 min sessions so far. Very good although some bits are too fast to keep up with! I'm buying a barbell and step so I can do the bodypump. I think it's good for £10 a month.

MrsQuim Wed 05-Jul-17 07:46:42

Reviving this for updates. Anyone still using it regularly? smile

user1492095685 Fri 07-Jul-17 06:47:04

Hi I'm interested in this as I loved les mills classes before I had my DD, however CantstandmLMs I can't find the app with the awards that you mention, are you using it on iOS or android? So you have a URL for it? Many thanks

BonApp Sun 09-Jul-17 14:31:50

It's bloody brilliant! I am struggling to get to a gym due to work and other commitments so this is perfect for me. I do pump mainly but the yoga-ish ones are great too.

anewdispensation Fri 14-Jul-17 20:36:06

Hi I'm interested in this as I only workout at home. How do I access the Les Mills on demand and the free trial @bonapp

SwearyG0dmother Fri 14-Jul-17 20:46:28

I've been using this for a few weeks now as working out in a gym makes me too competitive and I can limit my exercise by doing a class rather than just 10 more minutes. I'm a big fan of pump and rpm and haven't tried any of the others, aside from an abortive attempt at flow which really isn't my thing.

anew you need to sign up on www.lesmills.com and can use it on iPad/smart tv etc. I had a one month free trial with a flyer from a fitness show rather than the 10 days(?) they give as standard so it might be worth a google for a better deal.

My internet is pretty ropey so I tend to pick my workout, start the video and pause it before I get dressed so I avoid the dreaded buffering.

BonApp Sat 15-Jul-17 07:27:45

Ooh good idea about pausing/buffering.

Brighty1 Sun 20-Aug-17 19:59:33

Anyone found a 30 day free trial code?
I saw it on Facebook last week but can't find it now :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now