Talk

Advanced search

How hard will it be to get back to my original weight after DC2

(2 Posts)
BugabooMom Mon 27-Feb-17 17:45:15

Currently 32+5 and my current weight is 11st 6lbs I was about 8 1/2 st to 9st before getting pregnant with DC2 and I am worrying so much that the will be so much harder this time around to get back to my original weight? Any tips and info to help would greatly appreciated and anyone else struggling?? sad

SomewhatIdiosyncratic Mon 27-Feb-17 18:19:39

I went from 13st (DS1) and 12st (DS2) to back under 9st both times. I was slightly over 9st when I fell pregnant with DS1 so have ended up lighter!

My babies were comparatively large, but I gained weight in the second half of pregnancy because of SPD, so both times I had to build my fitness up from nothing, literally walking to the end of the cul de sac and back. I walked with the pram a lot. DS1 was 2 when he became a brother, so I tended to carry one, and push the other. I went to a buggy fit class and returned to regular classes when I felt ready. When DS2 was 6m, I took up C25k as it fitted into odd hours and between feeds.

I was careful with what I ate. Not a diet, but trying to be mindful about what I needed. I find aiming for low GI food helps to avoid sweet cravings and empty calories. I BFed, so tried to eat normally and allow the BFing calories as a sensible margin of deficit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now