Talk

Advanced search

Running watch

(7 Posts)
barcelo Sat 25-Feb-17 15:33:57

Any recommendations ?

I need it specifically for running - so needs to track current pace.

I did have a Garmin 110 (?) a few years ago - it was about £100 I think. It wasn't v good though - was often reluctant to connect GPS - i ended up sending it back twice and the replacement wasn't any better.

So am a little put off Garmin as a brand - but perhaps if they've improved I might consider one.

Probably want to spend less than £200

PickleSarnie Sat 25-Feb-17 20:59:52

I used to have the Garmin Forerunner 10. It was basic and was fine when I used it near home. But crap at finding gps in central London where I work.

I've now got a Garmin 235. It's bloody awesome. Connects to gps and garmin. Finds signal in London in seconds. Uploads wirelessly to your phone. Built in heart rate monitor. Just a bit over £200 at 215ish though.

Stopmithering Sat 25-Feb-17 21:12:07

I could have written what you said, Pickle, apart from the London bit!
I started with the forerunner 10, it was fine, but DP bought me the 235 as a birthday present and I love it. I wear it as my every day watch now, not just for running.
It's quick to find a signal, has lots of different display options, heart monitor, step monitor, you can use it for cycling too.
And you can Bluetooth to other devices so you can get text messages to the watch if you are in Bluetooth range, of course.
Very impressed with it.
Had it 6 months, no issues at all.
Charged up, lasts about a week till I charge it again.

Veterinari Sat 25-Feb-17 21:14:34

I have a polar m400 with hr chest strap - it's great - accurate tracking and simple to use

blueberrybubblegum Sat 25-Feb-17 21:24:07

Tomtom Runner is great. I love mine had it a year. Very good for training also has a lot of other features.
However did have a problem when I tried to use it a few weeks back where it wasn't given me any data during the run but it came up when connected to the app (so clearly logging it somehow), anyway I contacted Tomtom and they were very helpful and it was returned, tested and they sent out a replacement as they couldn't repair it so very happy with mine. I've got the cardio and music one which lets you download music onto it

PickleSarnie Sat 25-Feb-17 21:46:46

I meant to say it connects to gps and glonass not garmin! Too many g's!

barcelo Sun 26-Feb-17 16:18:00

Thanks for replies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now