Talk

Advanced search

Fitness blender YouTube - How many times a week?

(4 Posts)
carrottopper Thu 23-Feb-17 11:32:18

I've just been reading a thread about exercise at home. Fitness blender looks great but how many times a week do you do them? They seem to range from 25-40 mins.

I've been doing 4-8 minutes a day of HIIT exercise and liking it but wondering if I need to be doing longer. I have to stop somewhere around 3 minutes to catch my breath. I've lost 2.5 stone and want to maintain the weight I am and need to exercise at home. More than 10 minutes seems a lot to me esp with two little ones.

Joolsy Thu 23-Feb-17 14:17:42

This probably isn't quite the answer you're looking for but I tend to work out 5 days a week with my Davina DVDs - she has one called Intense which has 20 min workouts and Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred - again 20 mins or so. Probably not quite as intense as the HIIT ones you're doing but longer workouts. I think maybe you should vary your workouts a bit by doing a couple of longer ones each week - not easy I know with little ones but now mine are older I do my workouts when I first get up and they can get themselves ready for school. HTH

carrottopper Sat 25-Feb-17 20:28:14

I tried a 15 min hiit today and loved it but had to stop twice. Didn't realise how unfit I was despite doing hiits for a while?

LisaAlexander Thu 30-Mar-17 11:52:53

Start slow. It sounds like you are doing great already. Try 2 or 3 classes a week and see how far you can get through it.

Fitness is a journey and trying to sprint to the end when you start isn't going to help you build a habit.

Out of interest, what do you like and dislike about fitness blender?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now