Talk

Advanced search

Exercise machine recommendations

(9 Posts)
papercaper Wed 22-Feb-17 05:09:25

Hello!

So currently I take almost no exercise and I would really like to get a lot more fit and toned, but I can't see myself being able to do anything outside the home more than once, possibly twice a week. Ideally I need to do some form of exercise every day as I know I'll feel much better and I'm desperate to tone up,

I think my best option would be an exercise machine to use at home and i would really like some recommendations. I want to tone up all over, I don't have a great deal of space and or a very big budget but I need something decent. Is there anything out there that might be suitable?

Thank you!

JustGettingStarted Wed 22-Feb-17 05:17:03

Look into kettle bells. A couple of those and a book on kettle bell workouts. You can get cardiovascular exercise and tone your whole body.

AwfulSomething Wed 22-Feb-17 05:20:44

FitnessBlender.com for a huge range of free workouts and excellent advice, don't waste your money on machines that will end up collecting dust.

youvegottabekiddingme Wed 22-Feb-17 05:43:12

Elliptical trainer. They really work!

youvegottabekiddingme Wed 22-Feb-17 05:43:33

And in every part of the body!

youvegottabekiddingme Wed 22-Feb-17 05:43:44

*on!

papercaper Wed 22-Feb-17 07:26:53

Thank you! I know the danger of them collecting dust but I've definitely decided on a machine rather than, say, weights because there's less skill involved. I'm not good at this stuff and I have a bad shoulder so I'm thinking a machine will be easier to handle.

Will look at elliptical machines! Do you think they would do much for my four years post-natal jelly belly?

papercaper Wed 22-Feb-17 13:39:33

Bumping in hopes of more replies smile. Is there a particular brand that's good value?

ifyoulikepinacolada Sat 25-Feb-17 21:43:18

Kettlebells or a versaclimber. Kettlebells are much cheaper though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now