Talk

Advanced search

Yoga at home??

(6 Posts)
smudgedlipstick Mon 20-Feb-17 13:29:29

Is it possible?

I am pretty crap at going and putting myself in new environments and finally plucked up the courage to book a yoga class but the class isn't running for a few months, so I thought maybe I could start doing some from home to get my confidence up when the class starts back up.

Anyone do it from home? Is it possible for a total newbie? Any advice or tips would be appreciated!

busyboysmum Tue 21-Feb-17 11:19:52

Try seeing if there are any Barbara Currie videos on YouTube.

www.barbaracurrieyoga.com/

I always liked her approach to yoga - and she does lots of 10 minute introductions to yoga which are really helpful.

Take it easy and go at your own pace. The flexibility comes with time.

LisaAlexander Tue 21-Feb-17 12:33:27

Completely possible, I use Flex TV for home yoga, HIIT and stomach focussed exercise.

smudgedlipstick Wed 22-Feb-17 19:31:32

Oo cool I will look up those! Thanks

sandymcallister Tue 28-Feb-17 15:00:09

Yeah I'm a big Flex user too. Lisa, are you in a tribe yet? They just released it. Will PM you let's team up!

aginghippy Tue 28-Feb-17 15:16:44

MN have a yoga topic over here www.mumsnet.com/Talk/yoga

There has been a similar thread recently you might want to look at.

A lot of people recommend Yoga with Adriene. She has some beginners videos on there. Also, if you do a series, such as Revolution or 30 Days of Yoga, they start out gently and build up to more demanding poses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now