Talk

Advanced search

How to control a wobbly tummy during exercise?

(6 Posts)
CurlsandCurves Thu 09-Feb-17 11:48:53

I'm doing dance fit classes no there's a lot of jumping involved. I've got a huge tummy which obviously wobbles all over the place when I'm leaping about and it really uncomfortable.

I've googled shapewear but it all seems more about looking good rather than keeping wobbly bits under control. A friend of mine suggested a tight swimming costume underneath my kit.

Can any of you guys recommend anything? Don't want to buy stuff that's going to be a waste of money.

umberellaonesie Thu 09-Feb-17 11:50:27

You can get compression under armour so a tight vest or top to wear under a t shirt.

BankruptedByFuglyBras Thu 09-Feb-17 11:51:47

I just wear leggings that are quite tight. You can get high waisted leggings that might help. I think a swimming costume might cause whatever you are wearing on your bottom half to fall down, which might be worse.

UnOeufIsEnough Thu 09-Feb-17 16:05:28

I possess a fair amount of curvature and I find active wear leggings really effective. I don't hear flesh flapping when I do jumping jacks with them on. They aren't as unflattering as you might fear!

M&S has a good pair for about £35. It has a drawstring at the waist for extra security.

SomewhatIdiosyncratic Fri 10-Feb-17 16:09:30

I've got spare skin and a CS overhang and need to wear high waisted leggings.

When I was very wobbly in my postnatal days, I did resort to shapewear to supress the annoying jiggle.

OldLibrary Mon 20-Feb-17 10:53:46

Decathlon do running leggings that are great, they come right up over the tummy and stay up! They do have a drawstring too. And they're only about a tenner.

My other tip is not to buy them too big.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now