Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Swim watch to count laps etc, any recommendations?

(8 Posts)
iwantavuvezela Mon 06-Feb-17 17:10:32

I want to buy my DH one of these for his birthday, a swim watch that can count laps and a bit more, had a brief look on Amazon to see what there was.
Would love a recommendation from any swimmers.

lljkk Mon 06-Feb-17 18:00:58

swimmovate / pool mate is supposed to be best, but it said completely wrong numbers for me, so i don't trust it, sorry. Not convinced any of them are any good. How important would it be for your DH to have true numbers?

Swimtag system is good & comes with pool membership.

iwantavuvezela Mon 06-Feb-17 19:05:21

Thanks for that. I think it is just something to count laps and motivate in swimming. Did the swim movable "count" lengths.

CMOTDibbler Mon 06-Feb-17 19:06:46

I have a Garmin which does laps, times etc. Might be too pricey? Though they do come up on Amazon

iwantavuvezela Mon 06-Feb-17 19:12:22

Cmot is the Garmin good? Saw it on amazon, it's a birthday gift, so the price on that is okay.

CMOTDibbler Tue 07-Feb-17 08:56:48

I have the 910XT which is a triathlon watch, and it is brilliant - it detects which stroke you are doing, is accurate, and you can set intervals to be alerted at. It also does open water via GPS. And you upload your sessions to your Garmin account and can sync to Strava.

Probably overkill if you don't run, but I love it as it does everything. DH has just ordered a swim specific Garmin, but I couldn't tell you how good it is yet

welshweasel Tue 07-Feb-17 08:57:43

I've got the same as CMOT, it's never dropped a length. After probs overkill if you don't use it out of the water though.

iwantavuvezela Tue 07-Feb-17 16:23:12

Thanks Welshweasel .....triathlon watch is as CMOTDibbler says a bit of overkill for what he needs! However both the Garmin swim watch and the Swimmovate look like good candidates.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now