Talk

Advanced search

I know I can't spot reduce :( but I need to get rid of my belly and hips

(6 Posts)
newstartamiready Sat 04-Feb-17 15:51:04

So I've lost weight recently, I'm happy with my size but my belly and hips are wobbly and if I was going to loose anymore weight I would want it to be between my lower belly and thighs!

The top part of me actually looks abit skinny now wink

I will be honest I havnt really been exercising apart from walking and now think exercise could help me tone those areas like belly thighs and hope but what exercise would be best?

I am thinking maybe body pump and other weights things like that? I heard the 7 minute workout is good any tips?

MoonlightMedicine Sun 05-Feb-17 18:09:20

Hula hooping might be good if it's mostly your middle you're trying to lose from.

DaisyFranceLynch Sun 05-Feb-17 18:16:04

I found that a mix of cardio (running, dance) and things like circuits and body pump made my legs and stomach look slimmer without making me lose weight. I aimed for weights twice a week and cardio once or twice a week (since the weights classes usually include a bit of cardio).

DaisyFranceLynch Sun 05-Feb-17 18:19:08

Sorry - those were gym classes, but you could do a home-based weights routine instead. For the cardio I found C25k really helpful since I had never been able to run for more than a couple of minutes before, and now I can run for about 30 (I should probably push myself to go further but I'm quite happy just running slowly round the local park).

newstartamiready Sun 05-Feb-17 22:50:58

Moonlight - do you hulahoop? If so what sort of results have you had?

I used to and I'm not sure if it worked or not, I have a weighted hoop and it takes a while to get used to using it as it hurts! Does it need to be a weighted hoop?

newstartamiready Sun 05-Feb-17 22:52:37

Daisy - I hate running confused I think I just need to make time to make it to some gym classes! I think body pump will definitely help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now