Talk

Advanced search

Marathon Training Plan advice please

(4 Posts)
jessmarkat Wed 01-Feb-17 19:05:03

Hi
I have my first marathon in just under 17 weeks. I have done several half marathons and can comfortably run this distance.
I am overwhelmed with the number of marathon training plans available and really don't know where to start!
I don't really want to be running daily, in fact 2 days off a week would be great to fit in with family & FT job.
I would love to complete it in sub 4hrs 15.
Does any-one have any good plans to share please?

emummy Thu 02-Feb-17 07:22:00

I am using th intermediate plan on the London marathon website, it is 4 days a week and lasts 17 weeks. I have heard of people using MyAsics too. Runners world also has a number of plans based on your experience; you have to register to get some of them but the registration is free I think. Good luck!

Mummythebabysbeensick Thu 02-Feb-17 07:47:40

Have you seen the 'run less run faster' plan? It's based on a similar idea to triathlon training and is ideal for those with limited time or who get injured from running too frequently. You do 3 (quite intense) runs per week plus some other cross training. I took 45 mins off my PB with the plan versus getting immediately injured on a Runners World 5 day per week plan and a colleague used it for her first marathon and ran 3:45!

www.amazon.co.uk/Runners-World-Faster-3-Runs-Week/dp/1609618025?tag=mumsnetforum-21

jessmarkat Thu 02-Feb-17 11:00:42

Thanks ladies will go and take a look now smile !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now