Talk

Advanced search

Best cheap running gear

(11 Posts)
CheeseEloise1 Wed 01-Feb-17 17:11:35

Please recommend best places to buy running kit that does not cost a fortune. I've seen some at Matalan and Gap but would love to hear your recommendations.

SomewhatIdiosyncratic Wed 01-Feb-17 18:02:47

Aldi and Lidl are good when they're in stock. Decathlon is great if there's one nearby.

lljkk Wed 01-Feb-17 21:26:27

sweatshop direct

Tightarseinleggings Wed 01-Feb-17 21:26:59

Aldi, TK Maxx. Great stuff there.

CatAmongPigeons Wed 01-Feb-17 21:31:40

I love Primark running tights. They are nice and thick lycra, and if you hunt on the racks, you can find the ones with a zipped pocket on the back yoke.

SansaClegane Wed 01-Feb-17 21:47:14

I really like the Decathlon own brand, very good value for money.

CrazyOldBagLady Wed 01-Feb-17 22:02:58

Sports Direct (Karrimor) and TK Maxx are pretty good.

I've had a few things from Aldi and been quite disappointed. Gloves came apart at the seams (two pairs). Running base layer far too hot. Pants don't fit very well. Socks worn out quickly at toes. Would not recommend.

mommybunny Fri 03-Feb-17 16:27:53

I get most of my stuff at TK Maxx, besides shoes and bras. I get most of my bras at M&S (Ultra High Impact, for running). Shoes, after some mistakes ordering on Amazon, will always come from a running shop from now on.

I haven't been to Costco in a while but sometimes they have had decent discounted running kit - I've gotten Under Armour tops there for a song. I also love their socks.

When I finished C25K I treated myself to a jacket and top from Sweaty Betty, but in all honesty I rarely use the jacket, and the top only a little bit more. Besides shoes and bras it really is true that you don't need to spend a lot of money on kit. Last year's stuff from TK Maxx is just as good as this season's Sweaty Betty. If going cheap means you'll buy more so you can use it more, so much the better!

BusterTheBulldog Fri 03-Feb-17 16:30:42

I always come on these threads to say this but new look leggings and bras are pretty good. You can often get them on sale too.

The leggings are long enough, a true fit, stay in place and crucially are not seee through on the bum!

RobsAKnob Sat 04-Feb-17 17:11:39

I second Decathlon but I've got some Lidl tops that I've had for about 10 years (still going strong) and some Primark short tights with a decent sized pocket at the back that I've had for three or four years and are still fine. decathlon though are generally pretty good quality but not expensive. Limited styles though. I generally wear their trail range because I like lots of pockets for poo bags and dog biscuits - don't like belts or armbands.

You can always get cheap Shock Absorber Ultimate Run bras on Amazon if you know what size you are and you don't care about the colour. No point in getting cheap running shoes though, but I can generally buy last year's Saucony shoes on the internet for about £50/£60 rather than £110 for this year's range.

AuntieStella Sat 04-Feb-17 17:21:52

If you don't boycott the company, Sports Direct are usually good (Karrimor and other brands, often heavily discounted).

Otherwise Decathlon and TKMaxx, or Runners Need (part of the Snow and Mountain chain) when they have a sale on.

I was in Primark earlier this week, and I was a bit disappointed with this season's sports gear - rough fabrics, titchy pockets on tights, odd waistbands; but it's not always like that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now