Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Best trainers for plantar fasciitis

(4 Posts)
sighbynight Thu 26-Jan-17 11:38:47

I want to start running again after a 9 month lay off with very stubborn PF. I reckon some new trainers are in order but reading around the web, the advice for runners with PF is split between maximum shock absorption and cushioning and absolutely no cushioning as-close-to-barefoot-as-you-can shoes.

My feet, for what it is worth, are shit. Ultra high arches, extra bones, rolling in because of knock knees (I have custom orthotics). I probably shouldn't consider running again at all. But nothing else gives me the headspace that running does. I really miss it.

Does anyone have any experience? What would you suggest?

Colette Sat 28-Jan-17 15:26:53

Hi, I've had PF for 6 months or so, even long walks seem to trigger it angry I've just brought some Saucany progrid last week .Too early to say definitely.

What has made some difference is an insole from the podiatrist and stretching calf muscles.Have you seen podiatrist ? Also golf and tennis ball ,preferably put in freezer first, used to roll foot across grinis amazing

sighbynight Sun 29-Jan-17 21:28:06

Oh yes, I've seen the podiatrist, the physio, the acupuncturist. I've rolled golf balls, worn splints, stretched and stretched and stretched. None of these things have helped in particular. It seems to be clearing up now, but not because of anything I'm doing. It's a very frustrating condition. I'll look at Sauconys, thank you. They have a pretty good reputation and your opinion helps.

DesperatelySeeking2016 Sun 05-Feb-17 22:05:55

I will have had PF for 2 years come April. I still can't walk great distances and really suffer if I try to wear shoes without my insoles. I would love to be able to run again! Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now