Talk

Advanced search

Total beginner! Needs to get arse in gear quite literally

(3 Posts)
Zoflorabore Sun 22-Jan-17 23:22:19

Hi, this is one area of MN I've never beengrin

So I'm seriously overweight and am desperate to get fitter and healthier.
I have numerous health problems, fibromyalgia being the main physical one as well as sciatica.
My doctor has said that the less pressure on the joints, the less pain I should suffer.
I am in constant agony but take a cocktail of medication.

My current "exercise" consists of daily walking to school, shops, family and back to school again aswell as tons of housework as I also have OCD ( diagnosed ).

Any advice? I used to go to Zumba a few years ago and loved it but the class stopped.

The areas I would love to concentrate on are stomach and bum! For now.

I live less than 5 minutes away from the local sports centre and am a Sahm with both dc at school, one primary, one secondary.

Thanks for reading, Zoflo.

MumBod Mon 23-Jan-17 08:39:12

Hi. I've recently started exercising after a lifetime of avoiding it like the plague, and I can't believe the difference I feel in myself.

I started with a Fitbit and the Davina McCall 7 minute Fit DVD.

That means I can fit exercise into my daily life instead of having to carve out huge chunks of time.

Now I do a weekly Pilates class as well as tons of walking, gardening, the DVD, planking and push-ups - and I feel so much more well.

Good luck.

SomewhatIdiosyncratic Mon 23-Jan-17 11:10:14

Does the leisure centre have a pool?
Get a copy of the programme, it's probably online anyway. Have a look out for gentle classes such as pilates or beginners classes that will have lower impact. It's possible that they may have extra "back to exercise" type classes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now