Talk

Advanced search

I really need a wee

(10 Posts)
TooManyButtons Fri 20-Jan-17 18:27:55

...but I can't face the agony of a) sitting down on the toilet and b) walking back downstairs.

I'm very fat and very unfit, and I did my first bodypump class last night. Almost died at several points during the class, woke up this morning feeling a bit sore but it was bearable. Ha! The pain has gradually got worse throughout the day, anything that involves anything vaguely resembling a squat is a definite no.

Please tell me it'll get better, I'm booked in for another class on Monday shock

ZefStar Fri 20-Jan-17 18:38:30

Ouch, been there, it's grim isn't it. You'll get better though in a day or so , and you'll be stronger afterwards! After a couple more classes you won't even hurt anymore!
Not sure if that is in any way helpful right now but hang in there smile

DomesticAnarchist Fri 20-Jan-17 18:53:00

Aha ha! Sorry OP! I've been there!

I occasionally go to a kettlercise class, all a bit shaken immediately after, next day is okaaaay, the day after I'm practically crippled! Last time I went I struggled to walk down the flat corridor at work by the afternoon of day 2!

I reassure myself this means I've actually done some good. That my muscles are getting stronger as a result they couldn't get much weaker! and by day 3 I'm back to normal.

Well done OP! Learn to love that feeling and keep on going!

TooManyButtons Fri 20-Jan-17 19:26:05

Well I made it to the toilet, then got stuck halfway down the stairs. DD's helpful input was "oh well, at least you'll lose weight because you can't get to food" grin

belu1 Fri 20-Jan-17 19:34:34

Good for you! It gets easier

Dragongirl10 Fri 20-Jan-17 19:42:46

Poor you, but well done !

After my usual over indulgence at Christmas l decided l disliked the gym enough to opt for a different approach....

I have just completed a week following the Louise Parker Lean for life healthy eating plan, and lost 4 pounds, with no evil gym classes...food was tasty too.

Hope you are off the loo by now....maybe next time take the Ipad just in case......!

Novinosincebambino Fri 20-Jan-17 20:59:44

Feel your pain OP (literally!) I made it to my second body pump class and this time used lower weights and afterwards stretched for ages. Not quite as bad today. Keep up the good work and I'll try to too!

P.s. It's this bloody new Les Mills 100 routine and it's a frigging killer!

GrandmaGotRunOverByAReindeer Fri 20-Jan-17 21:10:12

I think pump is a weight class?

You need Epsom salts in your life.
I promise it gets easier until they change the routine

TooManyButtons Sat 21-Jan-17 20:03:06

Well a bit of an update: sitting down is getting slightly easier, but good god, my arms! They're so so painful, I can't even straighten them. I fear that whatever muscle runs along the inside of my elbow is broken beyond repair, on both sides. shock

MaidOfStars Mon 23-Jan-17 15:44:56

Hope you're feeling better today.

I was similar last week after upping weights on split squats. I had to hold onto the sink to sit on the loo. Finally wore off after four days....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now