Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Half Marathon Advice - having a panic!

(3 Posts)
SkafaceClaw Sun 15-Jan-17 09:44:04

Morning All,

I am really eager to do a local half marathon in two months time... I did few 10k runs before Christmas.

I run 5k twice a week in around half and hour with a 10-12km run on a Sunday. Last week I hurt my foot and this weekend I have a throat infection - was planning to run 13/14km Today and then build on by roughly a km each week until the race.

I'm not aiming for a magnificent time - it's pretty hilly. Just want to make it to the end. Running a 7 min km happily and worried I'm leaving it to late to build up the miles. Sunday is my only window for a longer run.

So what I'm really asking is - am I being too ambitious to go for it now?

Thanks for reading and sorry for the rambling.

Veterinari Mon 16-Jan-17 19:14:29

No you'll be grand. Build up your mileage steadily but if you can run 10-12km now you'll manage a HM in 2 months no problem. Come join us on the HM thread - there's loads of support and tips. Download a training plan (lots online) let yourself recover properly and get started again with running

SkafaceClaw Sat 21-Jan-17 06:55:55

Thank you so much for your reply - feeling much better and been out running. Going to sign up today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now