Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Where find supersets? Weight training for weight loss.

(6 Posts)
NutellaMonster Sun 01-Jan-17 19:31:55

Hi

I had a PT a while ago and lost a couple of stone weight training. She's left my gym and not wanting to start with another PT as I know the gym etc now I'm wondering basically if there's a list online somewhere of supersets that work together for weight training?

I like using dumbbells, barbell and the static weights and cables in the gym. I will do a bit of bodyweight type exercises but don't enjoy these as much.

I currently go to the gym 3 times a week. Lower and abs one day, upper body and a bit of HIIT cardio another and finally a cardio session. I like this split.

Help me shake up my routine so I can lose my Christmas pounds!!!!!!

MsMarvel Wed 04-Jan-17 16:52:52

If you have a good knowledge of the gym, rather than looking for a list, group super set muscle exercises? Ie superset quads focused with hamstrings focussed, etc etc so constantly working legs (or arms if groupings say triceps/biceps) but each specific muscle is having a rest.

Or a different style is compound exercise with isolated. So lunges superset with leg curl for example. So the compound exercise fatigues the isolated muscle before starting that exercise so it works to its absolute maximum.

These are two styles that my PT works supersets into, but mixes it up a lot so its not a specific 'list' she's working from.

Missanneshirley Wed 04-Jan-17 16:56:11

Following with interest - we have a new local authority gym with great equipment but no instructors - I have done a weights based programme at another gym a few times but it's not financially viable to continue - I'd like a bit of a programme to follow at the new place so I don't just end up doing exercises I like!

RJnomore1 Wed 04-Jan-17 16:59:16

Can I recommend the jamie Eason livefit programme which is free on bodybuilding.com?

It's a 12 week programme but she splits days between body parts, uses plyometrics etc in the later phases. She's also got a diet plan to go with it if that appeals.

If you don't like that particular programme look round bodybuilding.com as ther are some other very good ones on there.

NutellaMonster Thu 05-Jan-17 07:36:19

Brilliant - thanks for your responses. Have since found a few things on Pinterest as well. Think it's simpler than what I first thought And just need to have confidence to try a few new things.

Will check out the 12 week program thanks. Found this link this morning which is really useful missanneshirley www.fitneass.com/best-exercises-for-each-muscle-group/

As well as a chart on Pinterest which shows all dumbbell exercises you can do.

Missanneshirley Thu 05-Jan-17 23:20:11

Great will have a look! Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now