Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bored of shredding but month to get in shape...

(6 Posts)
TooTiredToArgue Wed 28-Dec-16 16:13:57

Hi there

Just wondered if anyone could recommend a fitness DVD to do in January to get in shape fast.

I'm a massive Jillian Michaels fan & have done 30 day shred in the past with good results. Did some ripped in 30 & have Extreme Shed & Shred but didn't really get on with that one. Ditto 6W6P.

30 mins a day (6 days a week) is my max really but need something new to keep interest levels up. Shred level 3 is effective but I'm just s bit bored of it now.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Thanks.

TooTiredToArgue Thu 29-Dec-16 13:32:02

Bumping hopefully...

anewdispensation Thu 29-Dec-16 16:27:34

I love Jillian as well. Try her banish fat boost metabolism (BFBM). It is a 45 min cardio DVD which is very effective. It is broken into 7 circuits of 6 mins each so you can choose circuits to make up a 30 min workout. I do it on alternate days with its sister DVD which is no mor trouble zones which is more of a strength training/ toning workout structured similarly. Went down 2 dress sizes with a lot of definition and tone from using th two dvds for 8 weeks.

TooTiredToArgue Thu 29-Dec-16 22:24:29

Thanks, dispensation. I do actually have both of those dvds. Just need to persevere. Can I ask if you did the whole 45 mins of each on consecutive days (6 days per week). Thanks v much.

DeliciousIrony Tue 03-Jan-17 19:55:33

Hi TooTired, I've got loads of Jillian DVDs - Extreme Shed and Shred isn't my favourite either, but I find variation is the key. I like alternating between the full-body ones (30 Day Shred, Shred it with Weights, No More Trouble Zones, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, Extreme Shed and Shred, Yoga Inferno, Ripped in 30 if I had it) and ones more targeted towards a certain area - Killer Body has 3 x 30-minute workouts (Core, Upper body and lower body) which are fairly challenging but doable. There's also Killer Buns and Thighs, Killer Abs, Killer Arms and Back which have 3 workouts on each, all 30 minutes-ish.

She's also got 10-minute Transformations ( 5 x 10 minute workouts) which are good for mixing and matching.

If you want to really boost your results by the end of Jan, finish with the One Week Shred - it's tough (2 workouts per day for 7 days) but does really help.

Good luck! (I'm not getting paid for plugging Jillian, honest...)

anewdispensation Tue 03-Jan-17 21:11:45

Hi Too Tired I did alternate the 2 dvds 5 days a week- the full 45 minute circuit and sometimes I will do a fitness blender YouTube cardio workout and I got very good results. I did let things slide so even though I haven't gained weight, I don't look as lean because I am losing the muscle tone from working my body effectively.

I love Jillian as well delicious so I am doing exactly what you have outlined this time around so that my body doesn't get too used to any one routine so I am alternating BFBM, NMTZ, killer buns and thighs and 6 weeks 6 packs. With Jillian you don't see losses on the scale but the inches drop off and the dress sizes go down and you shrink somehow. I love her too she is my absolute favourite

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now