Talk

Advanced search

Do I need an Apple Watch 2?

(4 Posts)
StiffenedPleat Tue 27-Dec-16 15:56:47

My husband bought me an Apple Watch 2 for Christmas. I also have a new smartphone iPhone 7. For exercise I go running and go to the gym and use weights and cardio machines, I also play tennis and cycle sometimes. It would be nice to be able to record my sessions. I'd also like to be able to do some heart rate monitoring (which I understand I can do with the iPhone 7?). I'd also like to be able to record stuff I eat sometime, calorie counting which I suspect I can do via an App on the iPhone 7?

Do I need the Apple Watch 2?

Sorry for the first world problem.

What will it do for me? grin

Olivialoves Tue 27-Dec-16 16:06:13

I've got a series 1 apple watch. I love it.
I'm not aware of being able to monitor your heart rate with just your iPhone though? You do it through your watch, and can see it instantly on your watch, or look at past patterns etc on your iPhone.
I use it for running, with the series 2, you can leave your phone at home, and the gps in your watch means that it will be track it.
On a day to day basis, its made a huge difference in that I don't idly pick up my phone to 'check' what's going on. If its important, i get a ping!
love mine!

StiffenedPleat Tue 27-Dec-16 20:57:16

Thanks, Olivialoves. I think I'll keep it. It will be nice to have it I'm sure.

StiffenedPleat Tue 27-Dec-16 20:57:45

Though I still don't really know what I'm going to use it for. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now