Talk

Advanced search

Does that Dettol washing stuff work on gym clothes?

(15 Posts)
ArseyTussle Tue 27-Dec-16 12:14:48

My running tights suggest washing at 30, but with the sweat and the fickle nature of my pelvic floor that's a bit rank. As I'm scared of washing them above 40 in case the fabric is damaged I was wondering about adding something to the wash. What works?

OverScentedFanjo Tue 27-Dec-16 12:17:39

Napisan is good for gym kit. Might fade them a bit of they are black. It's a good germ killer.

I use the detox stuff for dh gym kit. But hate the smell. However, it only kills bacteria not viruses so I won't be buying it again, I'll stick to the napisan.

If not zoflora is rally good for gym kit too. Add a capful to the fabric conditioner compartment.

OverScentedFanjo Tue 27-Dec-16 12:18:13

Dettol not detox!

Floralnomad Tue 27-Dec-16 12:20:17

I love the dettol laundry cleanser , I stick it in with every wash , I bulk buy it at Costco where it is cheap .

HuckleberryGin Tue 27-Dec-16 12:23:49

Dh also uses white Binegar which he sprays on the offending parts before washing. We wash most stuff at 30 and use dettol too.

PinkSwimGoggles Tue 27-Dec-16 12:27:17

yep t works
or you can use any other disinfectant (they usually have laundry instructions on bottle)
or you can use white (distilled) vinegar in the softener drawer

CMOTDibbler Tue 27-Dec-16 13:05:59

We use Halo sports wash and its kept all our kit smelling nice (which is an achievement considering how whiffy dhs cycling kit is when he takes it off) and doesn't rot the lycra

Madbengalmum Tue 27-Dec-16 13:07:46

Imhave used napisan,halo and dettol and dettol is the best and is sooo cheap at Costco.

dementedpixie Tue 27-Dec-16 13:09:10

How do you fit 2 capfuls of the dettol stuff in your fabric softener bit? It just makes mine go over the max line and it all gets dispensed before the drawer is even shut. I use zoflora instead

ThomasHardyPerennial Tue 27-Dec-16 13:11:56

Sainsbury's do their own version of the Dettol cleanser, and it's just as good. Cheaper too!

ArseyTussle Tue 27-Dec-16 14:29:45

Thanks! Have just picked up a bottle of Tesco's own Dettol stuff, will see how that goes.

Is Halo only an online thing?

Tomorrowisanewday Fri 30-Dec-16 13:09:57

Tesco very occasionally stock Halo, but Sainsburys always have it.

Goldnick Fri 30-Dec-16 13:45:57

Nikwax Basefresh - can get from Go Outdoors or direct from Nikwax online.

ShutTheFuckUpBarbara Sun 01-Jan-17 09:24:35

I use Halo too, it's really good! I buy it online, none of the shops near me sell it

lostinabook Sun 01-Jan-17 09:26:59

I use detail on DH amd my gym and martial arts stuff plus dds tights and pants!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now