Talk

Advanced search

Best knickers to wear under gym leggings

(17 Posts)
exercisegirl Wed 14-Dec-16 16:16:32

What are the best type of knickers to wear under gym leggings to avoid vpl?

LemonBreeland Wed 14-Dec-16 16:18:19

I tend to wear lacy boy shorts under my running tights and they don't really show.

museumum Wed 14-Dec-16 16:21:34

None.
You're only wearing the leggings once & they usually have a gusset in them.

MackerelOfFact Wed 14-Dec-16 16:47:13

I wear this sort of thing. I'm not that bothered about having a VPL, but seams and lace cause chafing when you're exercising (spin class is especially uncomfortable when you're sitting on lace!)

museumum That's brave, I really hope you spray the saddle before and after using the bikes! shock

exercisegirl Thu 15-Dec-16 18:53:10

Thanks for the advice. Will give boy shorts ago. Not sure I could go commando.

Statelychangers Sat 17-Dec-16 10:18:41

None....knickers chaff.

exercisegirl Thu 05-Jan-17 13:23:10

If you go commando do you wash your leggings after every use?

TheBiscuitStrikesBack Thu 05-Jan-17 13:25:51

No, to no knick wearing. Just wear whatever, no one is looking! Defo wash leggings after each wear though, the smell doesn't come out tech clothing easily if it's not washed pretty much straight away.

Packergator Thu 05-Jan-17 13:27:21

I wear giant knickers; like my old maternity pants! Keep you warm when you're out running too.

JuddNelsoninTheBreakfastClub Thu 05-Jan-17 13:28:28

I couldn't care less about about vpl as long as I'm comfy! I wear m and s high leg with lycra, got to have lycra!

willconcern Thu 05-Jan-17 13:30:25

small as possible - g string if running/gym.

Or none if cycling and wearing padded cycling shorts - they're not designed to wear with knickers. And yes, I spin with no knickers on, and we all wipe our bikes down afterwards with cleaning spray!

Yes, I wash my leggings after every use - they are sweaty, it would be grim not to shock

OurMiracle1106 Thu 05-Jan-17 13:32:27

Personally I wear a pair of cotton bikini brief knickers or mini briefs.

If I'm likely to be bleeding I also put on a pair of male boxers over the top just for my own piece of mind and security.

TheHoldings Thu 05-Jan-17 14:05:49

Knickerless and wash leggings after each wear.

exercisegirl Tue 10-Jan-17 17:29:21

Thanks for all the advice. Will give each option a go and see which I prefer.

Jaimx86 Tue 10-Jan-17 17:37:46

None! Tried it once and never went back.
I can't imagine wearing underwear in the gym now.

StealingYourWiFi Tue 10-Jan-17 17:43:24

thongs

TheCraicDealer Tue 10-Jan-17 17:50:17

None. Just another layer of material for the sweat to cling to. And and as for the possibility of recycling leggings for another session.....hahaha! They're usually drenched, knickers or not!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now