Talk

Advanced search

Which sports bra for running - bit of wobble or too tight?

(7 Posts)
KatharinaRosalie Sat 26-Nov-16 07:25:42

So, I'm running a little race this evening, 5.5K. Want to make a good time.
I have big boobs and a ton of sports bras - Shock absorber, Freya, Panache, Berlei, various models and sizes.

But now the question - the bras that keep my boobs totally strapped down and still are so tight that they are at least somewhat restrictive, so I am not able to fully expand my rib cage when breathing in. The bras that allow me to breathe properly also allow a bit of a boob bounce, which of course is not great for running either. And I can't decide which would be better.

Which option would you choose?

AmberEars Sat 26-Nov-16 07:27:09

I have big boobs and I like running. Personally I go for the right option!

AmberEars Sat 26-Nov-16 07:27:19

*tight

lljkk Sun 27-Nov-16 09:04:05

I would have gone for a bit more bounce, why can't the shoulder strap do anything to keep the boobs down a bit, too?

running when you can't breathe fully is no fun.

Just how endowed are you? I don't know how ppl cope with very large. I know I'd desperately want a reduction.

guineapig1 Sun 27-Nov-16 09:11:06

They are meant to be quite tight and hold everything firmly in place though shouldn't restrict your breathing! Perhaps you need to try a different size or wear on a looser back setting? If in doubt, get fitted professionally.

Fwiw, I am a 36H and run a couple of times a week, I find Panache sports bras to be the best by far - much firmer and comfier than shock absorbers.

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Sun 27-Nov-16 09:13:01

Restrictive for me. However, if you are so tight into a bra that you can't breathe, it's not the right size. Play around with the shoulder straps more of you've already bought it.

KatharinaRosalie Sun 27-Nov-16 15:42:33

thanks for the advice, I went for the slight bounce one (Berlei) and did a very decent time. Shoulder straps already tightened to max. I'm just a 30F so not huge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now