Talk

Advanced search

Fitbit or another wearable?

(17 Posts)
876TaylorMade Mon 21-Nov-16 10:08:01

Just contemplating getting the Fitbit Flex 2. One for me and one for DH for Christmas.

We are trying to get more activity in our day.

Any reviews?

Is it worth it?

VictoriaMcdade Mon 21-Nov-16 10:27:26

I don't know but am watching with interest! I would love a Fitbit that tracks steps and calories burned and I want to get it sorted so I can pick one up in the Black Friday sales (for my DH to give me for Christmas.smile

FannityAnnity Mon 21-Nov-16 12:42:27

I've bought a Fitbit Alta and so far, I've really enjoyed using it. I'm very honest about how much I eat when I log food and it's so far been a good way to see how many calories I burn compared to how many boxes of Cadbury's fingers I scoff.

Steps tracking is also good and although it does track steps when I'm on a bus, I've now found the "drive" activity which cancels those out.

I've altered my targets during the 2/3 weeks that I've had it, first to much lower levels and have since have slightly increased them as my steps/miles/calories have increased.

I also find the sleep tracking brilliant. I really need to make some changes to my bedtime routine and think that the Fitbit is going to be key to monitoring this.

So, overall, I'd recommend it!

Itscurtainsforyou Mon 21-Nov-16 12:44:43

Another vote for the Fitbit Alba here smile

briteside Mon 21-Nov-16 13:11:20

Anyone got the Fitbit Charge 2? I don't think that it looks as nice as the Alta but am keen on the extra features!

876TaylorMade Mon 21-Nov-16 13:46:14

Thanks ladies.

I thought about the Alta for myself and the flex 2 for DH since his chosen exercise is swimming. But then thought just maybe 2 flex versions would be better.

I do think the Alta is very sexy :D ...

Now to do the convincing! grin

DavetheCat2001 Fri 25-Nov-16 18:08:43

I've just bought the Fitbit Charge 2. Picked it up yesterday and have been wearing it today, and so far so good!

I'm going for a run this evening when OH gets home from work, so interested to see how the running function works.

Use it to track my sleep last night, which was interesting to see and am pleased that I have done 12,000+ steps throughout today just by going about my normal routine.

I think aesthetically it looks fine. I have the teal blue strap. Not sure it would go with a swanky dress, but I don't often get to wear those so for me it's fine smile

DavetheCat2001 Fri 25-Nov-16 18:09:45

btw my Charge 2 is an early Xmas prez from OH.

Argos are doing it at £113 I think, with an additional £10 cashback if you pay by Paypal.

absolutelynotfabulous Fri 25-Nov-16 18:11:41

I have a flex and I love it. I'm completely obsessed. It was £60, I think.

876TaylorMade Sat 26-Nov-16 03:57:35

Thank you.
I've decided on the flex 2. It's tiny grin ...plus the additional jewellery like accessories look nice. So it won't be too much of a bother with my watch on.
DH says he can't see the point... I'm gonna get him Mi Band for his testing. Very cheap and reviews are good.

BooeyBubbleHead Sat 26-Nov-16 04:04:22

Watching with interest as I want one for Christmas but no idea which!

GeekyWombat Fri 30-Dec-16 16:16:41

Hi everyone. Just done a search and this post came up. I am seriously pondering usign M&S vouchers to buy a FitBit Alta (it's either that or the Blaze they sell and I think that's too big for me to wear all the time).

Did people who were going to buy them actually get them? And if so, how do you feel about them a few months on?

Redrocketship Fri 30-Dec-16 16:24:14

I got an alta a few months ago. Id recommend it. It's got me way more active than I was and I've lost 10lbs without even really trying,

The only thing I didn't like about it was the lack of heart rate monitor so I ended up upgrading to a charge 2 before Christmas. Better features but doesn't look as good and slimline as the alta

SingaSong12 Fri 30-Dec-16 16:25:57

If you have a disability or problems with your hands be aware the Fitbit Alta has a band that isn't like a watch strap. It takes some power to snap the little studs so in the end I couldn't do it. There are other fitbits that do have more of a watch strap.
I've just got a Jawbone 24. Easy to use, though you need Bluetooth.Can't comment on how well it works (have been walking enough!).

Hockneypool Fri 30-Dec-16 16:30:55

I have a Fitbit Charge, bought in August, to replace a basic Fitbit zip I had for about 2 years until I dropped it. During this time I have lost about 12 lbs and increased my daily steps. It has motivated to keep active. I like the heart rate and flights of stairs. For the winter I lower my steps to 8000 a day as it more achievable and increase it once the weather and light increases. I would recommend it.

SausageSoda Fri 30-Dec-16 16:34:01

Am trying to decide between the Fitbit Flex 2 and the Alta at the moment. Am a complete novice with these gadgets. Any thoughts on which one I should get between the two? TIA

GeekyWombat Tue 10-Jan-17 15:38:54

Probably not much help Sausage as I can't compare the two models, but wanted to come back to the thread to say plumped for the Alta in the end (with bonus Quidco cash back). I've been wearing it a week, synced in with the Lose It! App for iOS and have found it really motivating. I've lost three pounds too which is feeling like a good start (although there's a lot to go!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now