One day I will be first one packed away and out of Pump class.

(15 Posts)
megletthesecond Mon 14-Nov-16 13:39:48

Every time I go I am determined to be first packed away. Not queuing by the cupboard trying to hold various weights / bar / step / mat.

Was third out today. Didn't quite get prime position by the cupboard so the two people closer beat me out the room.

I have no life grin .

Borneoisbeautiful Mon 14-Nov-16 13:44:52

I get trampled by the ferocious Pilates wimmin' coming for the next class, I feel your pain OP.

megletthesecond Mon 14-Nov-16 14:19:24

yy, advanced pilates is equipment heavy too. Always a faff setting up and putting away in that class too.

KatoPotato Mon 14-Nov-16 14:29:10

The pros at my pump class used to start packing up after a particular track, I never got to learn the key track to start shifting my stuff!

They were all so good at it there was never a queue to be had by the end of the class!

Then I ditched it for real weight training. Best move I ever did.

megletthesecond Mon 14-Nov-16 16:53:47

kato I know I can put my step away after the triceps track. I need to up my bar and weights putting-away game, that's my weakness.

Borneoisbeautiful Mon 14-Nov-16 17:06:42

I can't get my head around all the tracks and weights, get completely confused by the whole thing if I'm honest! Yes to lots of people putting everything away at the right time and me being left with a shed load of equipment in the middle of the room at the end blush

ElephantMug Mon 14-Nov-16 17:09:38

I've started sticking the weights all back on the bar at the end so I can carry them all to the cupboard in one go.
And I do real weight training and Pump. Because I love Pump.

rookiemere Mon 14-Nov-16 17:10:26

Actually as we're on the topic of Bodypump tidy up, can I remind people that you are not meant to hog the weight area and strip your bar off there, thus preventing other people from putting their weights and bars away. You're meant to take the weights off at your stance and then bring them over. I was taught this at my Bodypump induction class and it drives me crazy when I see someone doing the wrong thing.

Our instructor gets really annoyed if you try to put stuff away during the class that you know you're finished with.

Borneoisbeautiful Mon 14-Nov-16 17:22:25

I agree that it's off putting when Pumpers start putting all their stuff away when the poor instructor is trying their best to instruct!

InfiniteSheldon Mon 14-Nov-16 17:28:01

I taught Body Pump for twenty years and never allowed anyone to put equipment away during the class it's dangerous. I also don't let the aggressive Pilates mob in the door til my class was tidied away but I was very strict on timings and never run late. Some releases you can lose the step after lunges but only if the instructor tells you. We had an incident at my gym where woman in her first class have a weight dropped on her by a regular clearing away during the class broke her finger.

megletthesecond Mon 14-Nov-16 18:27:13

I only tidy away during the class when I'm next to the cupboard. It's not on for people to haul a step through a busy class. But on days when I'm at the far side the next class are all waiting to go while the last handful are clearing weights. Ideally there should be a 10 min window between equipment heavy classes I guess.

Chottie Mon 14-Nov-16 18:32:13

At my gym there is no change over time between classes. The pump classes always run late, people are chatting rather than putting away equipment. It cuts into the class time for the next class.

I'm in the Pilates class afterwards and we always have to wipe the sweat off the floor too (unpleasant when you work in bare feet sad )

rookiemere Mon 14-Nov-16 18:36:51

Can I just say as well - as it's easier than trying to say it in real life - if your official class time hasn't started, and there are still people in the room tidying up and physically leaving, it is incredibly rude to push pass them to get into the class. It's even ruder if they are trying to get through the door at the same time as you.

Thank you. I feel better for saying that even if it's not strictly relevant.

Greenteandchives Mon 14-Nov-16 18:40:06

I hate it when people are wandering about trying to put stuff away while the class is still going on. It is so distracting. If I am by the weights area I feel as If I am in their way. Sometimes they are queueing all round me and I feel quite vulnerable, especially if I am on the floor for abs. Perhaps I will say something to the instructor next time I go.

lljkk Mon 14-Nov-16 19:13:34

There is an aquaerobics class right after lanes swimming. The Aqua-robics music is horrendous. Nothing motivates me to get TF out of the leisure centre faster than that Gawdawful caterwalling butcher-hybridizing of every decent pop song.

People are fine, not pushy, but omg @ the Soundtrack.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now