Talk

Advanced search

yoga at home

(11 Posts)
onthenightshift Sun 02-Oct-16 07:41:08

I am thinking about starting Yoga, I can't get out to a class because I have no childcare, ds is 14 months. I am considering doing it once a day when ds is napping but not sure if I have the motivation to do it at home on my own.

Does anyone practice yoga at home ? Could you recommend a dvd? I've googled a few sites where you pay a subscription which I'm happy to do if it's worth it.

Many thanks for any replies.

littlem133 Sun 02-Oct-16 07:46:43

I just find videos I like on you tube and use them at home

onthenightshift Sun 02-Oct-16 08:37:06

Thanks littlem , I'll look on YouTube for some beginners videos.

Elk Sun 02-Oct-16 08:53:53

Try yoga with Adrienne on you tube.

onthenightshift Sun 02-Oct-16 18:41:36

Thanks Elk will take a look.

Talisin Sun 02-Oct-16 19:21:21

Second Adrienne, she's great and there are masses of her routines to choose from.

WaitrosePigeon Sun 02-Oct-16 19:22:57

Yoga Studio App for iPhone. Think it's on android too.

I do 3 yoga classes a week but use the app as a top up. It's fantastic. Can't go wrong.

QueenOfTheHighCs Sun 02-Oct-16 19:26:42

I'm a member of Yoga Download and the Yoga Collective online (both have massive Groupon discounts and are around £20 a year). They are both fantastic - I'd recommend Yoga Download for a beginner as there is a huge range of styles and levels to choose from and you can choose by length, so if you only fancy 30 minutes it's easy to find a large selection of sessions.

If you're a total beginner, just take it easy and make sure to listen to any technical instructions so you don't do yourself any harm!

Nigglenaggle Sun 02-Oct-16 19:30:07

Tara Lee is my favourite DVD. If you can though,I'd recommend a short course of classes with a real life instructor first, for pointers on reducing injury

onthenightshift Sun 02-Oct-16 21:07:35

Thank you all! Great tips, will check each of them out!

clangermum Thu 02-Mar-17 16:53:56

QueenOfTheHighCs Reviving this thread as there's a Yoga Collective offer on at the moment. How does it work exactly - can you access however many classes you want, and are there different teachers to choose from so you can find the right sort of level/style? Have done yoga in the past so not a complete beginner. Do you have it playing on a laptop or can it play via a tv screen?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now