surfing, periods and DD!

(5 Posts)
paranoidmother Tue 23-Aug-16 18:31:05

So DD (11) has just started her 3rd period. The day after tomorrow I have booked for her, DS and his friend to try out indoor surfing.
Now she's got to wear a swimsuit and a wetsuit.
So to start off with it's not a heavy period, do you think she use a pad because she's in a wetsuit as well or can this not be done?
I really don't know and I want to offer the good advice. I'm happy to take her to do this on another day so she doesn't miss out but if any one can offer any advice I'd be grateful.
TIA

dementedpixie Tue 23-Aug-16 18:34:41

Could she try a Tampax lite tampon? They are smaller and thinner than normal ones.

welshweasel Tue 23-Aug-16 18:35:06

No, it would swell up with the water and be completely useless. I'd offer tampons or go another day. I used tampons from my second period as I didn't want to miss out on swimming.

paranoidmother Tue 23-Aug-16 18:37:32

See I knew someone would point out my obvious oversight, i'd forgotten it would take on water.
I'll take her tomorrow and get a box of the lite and see if she will try that. It's only for an hour so I'm hoping it can't get out of hand that much!!
Thank you

welshweasel Tue 23-Aug-16 18:39:25

Apparently the tampax pearl are the easiest ones to start with (according to DSD who's 14). I was so pleased I cracked tampons early on as it meant I never had to stress about it again and so many of my friends missed out on swimming etc for entire holidays.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now