Trainers/socks for fitness classes to prevent feet overheating!

(9 Posts)
WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Tue 16-Aug-16 22:39:46

Having taken up exercise fairly recently, I've starting going to a few fitness classes each week, but I have an issue in that my feet just get uncomfortably hot! Not as in super sweaty (sorry!) just really really hot.

Can anyone suggest decent socks and trainers that will help keep my feet a bit cooler. Having recently bought two pairs I don't really want to spend a fortune! Any suggestions welcome though.

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Wed 17-Aug-16 07:11:00

No gym going MNers who hate their feet getting too hot and have found the perfect pair of trainers? It is a very boring thread title I guess!

JackandDiane Wed 17-Aug-16 07:15:25

I get those mesh type socks from h and m

lljkk Wed 17-Aug-16 10:37:23

I think you learn to live with hot feet, I can handle hot feet when running but impossible on a bike so I cycle in sandals; what about closed-toe sandals at fitness classes, they can only say no if you ask. Else go for the thinnest socks you dare, I suggest. Cotton is more breathable than nylon mix. Microfibre might work.

Cyclist socks are interesting because they are thin but insulate well but also breathe, iyswim.

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Thu 18-Aug-16 19:25:09

Thanks both. Yes, I need to look at socks. I just hate when my feet get too hot!

doggydogworld Thu 18-Aug-16 19:39:05

Have you been to a running shop? I buy running socks when I buy my trainers. They're pretty pricey c £15 but keep my feet really cool.

Nomorechickens Sat 20-Aug-16 21:57:31

I am with you, I hate hot sweaty regular trainers. I have some lightweight Nike trainers, the soles aren't thick enough for serious running but fine for gym classes. The uppers are unlined and slightly breathable fabric. And I like bamboo socks (from BAM) as they feel soft and comfortable and don't smell if they get sweaty. Or a pack of lightweight trainer socks from TK Maxx (Slazenger but I'm sure that there are others), mainly cotton.

SheSparkles Sat 20-Aug-16 21:59:56

I have Nike Rosche Runs, again no use for running (despite the name!) but they're great in the gym and in classes-very breathable upper

Jaimx86 Sat 20-Aug-16 22:04:45

I bought these after getting horrific blisters from having sweaty feet when running 10km. www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00NQLKM5I/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They were brilliant and so got a few pairs. Feet never feel sweaty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now