Talk

Advanced search

non-competitive mini or sprint triathlons - do they exist?

(4 Posts)
notagiraffe Thu 11-Aug-16 21:59:54

I'd love to do a mini or sprint triathlon but just want to complete it, not compete with others, if you see what I mean. Are there any London or South East based triathlons which are quite laid back? Where you can be a bit chubby and old and no one cares if you're a bit slow? I had a look online but it was hard to tell what the atmosphere would be. I'd love to find something which is the triathlon equivalent of Park Run. Does it exist?

OpenMe Thu 11-Aug-16 22:17:59

Yes Google Go-Tri. Many Tri-clubs offer them as a way of getting new people interested.

I did one this summer that only cost £6 to enter and was 200m swim (I didn't drown yay!) 5k bike, 2k run and was very much aimed at beginners. I came 18th despite barely being able to swim - I had three lessons in the weeks immediately beforehand.

OpenMe Thu 11-Aug-16 22:21:44

Where in the South East? I know a number of people who've done this one and say it's very friendly and good for beginners.

CMOTDibbler Sat 13-Aug-16 16:37:36

I've done a couple of UK Triathlon events, and they have a fun category and are super friendly to beginners. Ladies of all ages and sizes in my wave the first time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now