Talk

Advanced search

Just finished Jillian's Body Revolution, what next?

(7 Posts)
Lambzig Thu 11-Aug-16 11:35:07

I need advice on what to do next please? I have just finished Jillian Michaels 90 day Body Revolution. I haven't been doing a Jillian week (6 days of the programme per week) as I like to do a couple of 10k runs a week too, so i have been doing it 3-4 times a week and it has taken me about five months.

I need to work out at home as I have my son with me those days and I need something that has an end point, or a goal like completing the programme.

Does anyone have any recommendations please? Could I manage insanity or is that too scary? I am 49 and since Jan (did 30DS before this) have been trying to get my fitness better.

MazzR Thu 11-Aug-16 15:03:25

I'm sorry I don't have advice but would like to ask, if you don't mind, how did u find her body revolution dvd?

Lambzig Fri 12-Aug-16 09:04:22

It's tough going, but good. I hate, hate, hate the cardio workouts, but that's probably because I would always rather go for a run. They are thirty minutes and you can do anything for thirty minutes. I like the variety and the fact that over the four times you do each workout you can feel yourself getting better at the moves (apart from burpees, I still cannot do them well). My body is radically different. I have better legs than I did twenty five years ago. I wish I had taken before pictures. I lost a stone and a half. I am just about to go on holiday and think I look good in a bikini at nearly 50 (DH agreed and believe me he would tell me if I didn't, he is brutally honest about my appearance if asked).

So in summary, it's horrible, but it works.

MazzR Mon 15-Aug-16 19:12:44

Oooh sounds great! Thanks smile

poorchurchmouse Tue 23-Aug-16 17:59:07

I'm doing Bodyshred (another Jillian program like Body Revolution but 60 days rather than 90 if you do it in line with her recommendations). It's probably tougher than Body Rev overall, and it comes with a bonus DVD that just looks bonkers. Workouts 1 and 2 are pretty do-able but I haven't ventured further yet.

Lambzig Thu 01-Sep-16 09:46:15

Sorry for not replying sooner churchmouse, been on holiday. Thanks I hadn't heard of bodyshred. Definitely the thing for me.

poorchurchmouse Wed 07-Sep-16 15:35:12

Excellent! I'm now on workouts 3 and 4 and it's ridiculously difficult. Dreading the remaining 4 discs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now