Talk

Advanced search

Is it better to join a gym that's near to work or home?

(7 Posts)
ThereWeGo Sat 06-Aug-16 20:24:38

I have about a one hour commute to work, but the hours are a regular 9-5:30.

Would I be more likely to go to a gym if it was nearer to work or home? I can't decide...

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Sat 06-Aug-16 20:28:57

Are you a morning or evening exerciser?

SpuriouserAndSpuriouser Sat 06-Aug-16 20:29:01

Personally I would prefer one closer to home, because I like to go at the weekend and on days off as well as during the week. Also I don't like to shower at the gym and wouldn't want to do a sweaty hour long drive home afterwards. But it depends whether you would get to the end of your drive and think "sod it, I'm going straight home".

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Sat 06-Aug-16 20:30:38

I'd prefer closer to home so I could go before work then come home to get ready. Also I'd use it on weekends more.
If I was an after work exerciser, id go to a gym near work because I'd be too tired/lazy/hungry by the time I got home.

SpuriouserAndSpuriouser Sat 06-Aug-16 20:31:27

Sorry, I assumed you were an evening exerciser when I posted!

ThereWeGo Sat 06-Aug-16 21:18:26

Well right now I am a neither-exerciser! I would say in the past I tend to do it in the morning because I'm too tired after work.

Tomorrowisanewday Sun 07-Aug-16 09:44:29

Near work. I have a similar commute, but less regular hours. If I didn't pass my gym on the way in/home, I'd find other things that needed done at home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now