Talk

Advanced search

Outrun?

(2 Posts)
HoundOfTheBasketballs Fri 05-Aug-16 22:40:37

Anyone else doing this?

It's a charity thing by Macmillan. Set yourself a total mileage target for September and try and hit it. Get sponsored. Job done.

I've been really rubbish at putting the miles in since I started a new job in June, and I thought this might be a good way to inspire me to get running again.

But I can't decide on a reasonable goal to set myself. Before I came over all crap I was running about 15 miles a week. So I thought 100 miles total for Sept would be a good idea. That works out to 3 miles (or 5k) every day for a month. Or am I totally crazy?

Daisy03 Fri 05-Aug-16 22:54:16

I did this in May, set myself to do 100 miles, I was training for a half marathon at end of month anyway so it gave me an extra kick to do more training than I'd normally have done, if you have a good level of fitness it's not too hard. The first 2 weeks I did 10 miles every 3 days then mixed it up at the end. I did 103 miles by day 28 and stopped

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now