So I finally started jogging **typo edited by MNHQ**

(59 Posts)
TeaInGlasgow Mon 11-Jul-16 11:36:05

After months of moaning about my weight/fitness and not doing anything about either, finding better ways to cope with poor mental health and completing a college course I finally started to feel the time was right to get off my arse and do something.

I downloaded an app for c25k since most of the threads I read here are based on that method of exercise and off I went

Day 1 was me constantly changing my mind back and forth while using the pro moments to get dressed in suitable clothing until it got to the point where backing out would mean getting fully changed again and therefore ridiculous so I might as well get started. I didn't manage to leave the house but I was able to do the workout up and down my living room.

Day 2 I found myself determined to actually get up and outside this time. After getting ready I only had roughly 5 minutes of hesitation before I made it outside and started the app. Doing it outside was harder than indoors and I did have to stop and pause the app twice when I spotted groups of people waiting for the bus and couldn't bring myself to move on until they'd gone but once it was over and I was home I was so proud of myself.

Day 3 This time there was no hesitation before going outside, even though it was drizzling. I changed my time to 6.30 am and altered my route a bit. I'm trying not to push too hard so my jogging part isn't much faster than my walking part.

Day 4 I am a bit of a geek so was able to get pokemon go on my phone and I use the exercise time to hatch my eggs and have even caught the game creatures during my walking bits if one happens to pop up. I felt a bit strained and realised that I had been missing a rest day.

Day 5 Rest day. Still ended up going for a walk anyway but without the jogging part thanks to that game

Day 6 (Today) I have a long way to go but i'm determined to keep it up. Its hard but I knew it would be and I really want to make it work.

I also know that I needed to greatly kick my sugar habit and so in addition to the exercise I have been working on that part. I have been eating more fruit and trying not to be tempted into buying crap.

I will do this

ConciousUncoupling Mon 11-Jul-16 21:33:32

Well done! I'm going to do day 1 on Thursday

LadyStarkOfWinterfell Mon 11-Jul-16 21:42:22

Wogging? Where did that come from? Wog is a really racist word, wogging isn't a great idea.
However well done on starting the c25k! I've been doing it since January and still not at 5k but am running for 27 minutes non stop now smile

NeedATrim Mon 11-Jul-16 21:43:10

Wogging? Typo, surely?

TransformersRobotsInDaSky Mon 11-Jul-16 21:45:07

Well done on starting jogging OP

usual Mon 11-Jul-16 21:47:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LadyStarkOfWinterfell Mon 11-Jul-16 21:48:32

Walk/jogging portmanteau I thought. Hopefully just a typo!

gamerchick Mon 11-Jul-16 21:49:30

I thought it was an unfortunate name for this Pokemon thingy that's going about. Keep it up OP.

TheoriginalLEM Mon 11-Jul-16 21:50:02

i wondered if it was a cross between jogging and walking!!

well done OP - keep it ip xx

Owllady Mon 11-Jul-16 21:50:12

Can you ask mn to adjust the title? It's really offensive

Well done for starting jogging

peppercold Mon 11-Jul-16 21:50:22

Not a typo

gamerchick Mon 11-Jul-16 21:51:37

It's a real thing?? >> googles.

usual Mon 11-Jul-16 21:52:00

LadyStarkOfWinterfell Mon 11-Jul-16 21:52:32

www.collinsdictionary.com/submission/235/wogging hmm

gamerchick Mon 11-Jul-16 21:53:05

Seemingly it is a real thing.

peppercold Mon 11-Jul-16 21:53:11

A slang type word, but it's still racist.

DoloresVanCartier Mon 11-Jul-16 21:59:06

Is it racist? It's in the dictionary explicitly referring to a walk/jog. It's not making reference to any other thing or person

TheoriginalLEM Mon 11-Jul-16 21:59:58

oh come one guys - yes we all know wog is a horrible racist word but jogging/walking ..... letsnot take away from the op's massive achievement for an unfortunate choice of word.

BikeRunSki Mon 11-Jul-16 22:00:43

If your doing the C25K properly, you're meant to leave a day's rest between exercise days.

yummysummerpudding Mon 11-Jul-16 22:00:47

And it's in exercise. The meaning was pretty clear.

Owllady Mon 11-Jul-16 22:01:29

I dunno, I'm from the west Midlands originally no one would ever say the w word, it's vile.
I'm not sure why all the hmm faces

Owllady Mon 11-Jul-16 22:02:37

And most ppl have said well done for jogging!
confused

bakeoffcake Mon 11-Jul-16 22:02:38

"The meaning is pretty clear" hmm

It's highly offensive.

yummysummerpudding Mon 11-Jul-16 22:02:41

What did you think 'wogging' meant?

usual Mon 11-Jul-16 22:05:02

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now