Talk

Advanced search

Which anti-chafe balm?

(7 Posts)
SlipperyJack Tue 21-Jun-16 21:27:48

I never thought I'd have this problem - when I was a couch potato it wasn't an issue!

I'm currently upping my running distance in preparation for a half marathon. Along with aching legs, I'm getting chafed underarms blush It's where the skin meets the edge of my T-shirt sleeve - I'm a sweaty minger and that doesn't help.

Short of wearing a vest top and exposing bingo wingage, what's the best anti-chafe balm? Google seems to think Bodyglide is good but recommendations would be excellent. Also, does it mank up your clothing? And is it sweatproof?!

Thanks in advance.

KeyserSophie Wed 22-Jun-16 00:47:49

Bodyglide is good but there is something "off label" which is better

It's called Backdoor- it's actually for bum sex but its anti-chafe properties are second to none. A few of our local running shops sell it but I don't live in the UK. You might get some interesting "also bought" suggestions if you get it on Amazon though

SlipperyJack Wed 22-Jun-16 08:25:52

LOL at "Backdoor" and Amazon keysersophie!

HalleLouja Thu 23-Jun-16 08:59:48

I bought something called Run Guard which seemed to work the couple of times I have used it. I am interested in Backdoor though not just for the Amazon suggestions.

Apparently nappy rash cream is great for fixing the problem so to speak.

SlipperyJack Thu 23-Jun-16 22:59:48

I've used Sudocrem after the event halle, it's pretty good.

CMOTDibbler Sat 25-Jun-16 12:46:03

I use Bodyglide. Nothing shifts it and you do have to have a scrub with soap. Doesn't mark anything. Amazon have Bodyglide for women, but there is no discernable difference.
It lasts forever, and is also good if you have sandals that rub

SlipperyJack Sat 25-Jun-16 23:19:38

Bodyglide it is, after your suggestions and consulting the parkrun community on Facebook. (They LOL'd lots at Backdoor BTS!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now