Talk

Advanced search

Fitbit

(12 Posts)
ilovesprouts Wed 25-May-16 11:30:45

Thinking of getting a Fitbit ,don't really know much about them ? Can anybody help me out please smile

ElizaBB Wed 25-May-16 20:47:04

Hello, Sprouts, go for it ! I have found it really useful. 2 years ago I got a Fitbit zip, the smallest and cheapest Fitbit . You can probably get one really cheaply on eBay. I keep it clipped into my jeans pocket all the time. It only counts steps, estimates calories burned, tells the time and gives smiley faces. I wasn't sure how it would go but needed to loose a stone and did little activity at the time. I have never been at all sporty. I was sceptical to say the least ! However I discovered I am quite competitive. The app is easy to use and I joined a few groups on the Fitbit website. I found myself stomping round the garden in the dark with a confused dog in tow to get my step count up ! I then did a few months of the 5:2 fast diet, gradually increased my activity level, went from stomping to walk-jog-walk to jogging and did couch 2 5 k using the free NHS app. I have now done quite a few parkruns and am astonished ! My DH has also started to jog but annoyingly is more speedy than I am. The stone is long gone and I no longer fast or follow any diet, just go easy on the cake. If I could keep the wine in the cupboard I'd be even better ! There are other more pricier Fitbits available and I'm sure someone will let you know about those. Good luck with whatever you decide.

MsMarvel Wed 25-May-16 21:14:18

I recently got the charge hr and love it!

Recently started going to the gym and running, so love being able to track my heartrate and excercise, as well as monitored my daily steps, and trying to keep as active as possible during the day.

PirateFairy45 Wed 25-May-16 21:24:00

I've got a Fitbit flex. I love it.

Very competitive I've found out. Like beating me previous score

Wolfiefan Wed 25-May-16 21:25:47

I have a one. I hate wearing a watch and it clips on my bra. It does make me aware of how much I'm moving and think of ways to hit over 10,000 steps a day. (Though I have no idea why this has been set as a goal. Anyone know?!)

gamerchick Wed 25-May-16 21:28:53

I have the charge I love mine! I've lost 2 inches around the waist in 2 months. Exactly 2 tweeks to my daily shizzle and it's easy. I average about 17.000 - 20,000 steps a day now from 3 - 6000.

PotteringAlong Wed 25-May-16 21:30:27

I have a flex and I love it! It's been great. And yes; I'm surprisingly competitive!

Girlwithnotattoos Wed 25-May-16 21:37:06

I had a charge HR for my birthday and I love it! I started couch to 5k a few weeks back and it's fab for tracking progress and I love getting stars when I hit my targets. I have it synced to my phone and even if I forget to wear my Fitbit my phone can still track.

Girlwithnotattoos Wed 25-May-16 21:37:31

I had a charge HR for my birthday and I love it! I started couch to 5k a few weeks back and it's fab for tracking progress and I love getting stars when I hit my targets. I have it synced to my phone and even if I forget to wear my Fitbit my phone can still track.

Girlwithnotattoos Wed 25-May-16 21:37:58

ilovesprouts Thu 26-May-16 10:38:38

Thanks all just thinking what to get that's all I just wanna improve my waking etc had an accident and put weight on so need to shift some weight blush

loveslouisa Thu 26-May-16 11:12:44

I was wondering whether to get one too and then I found this one today for just £10 - worth a go right?

www.pricedropdonkey.com/cheap-electronics

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now