Talk

Advanced search

Feeling self conscious

(2 Posts)
Diamondangel8 Tue 17-May-16 14:08:10

Hello

This is my first post here. I'm not complaining about this, I'm just sharing my experience. I recently lost weight in the last 6 months. I have lost 3 stone. I am quite thin now with about just another stone to lose. I'm feeling a bit self conscious recently as I cant go anywhere without someone going on about my weight! I know they are trying to be nice but I almost get interrogated about what am I eating, how have I lost the weight etc. What do I plan to do to maintain the weight? Especially at work. It has been constant for months. I notice now when I go places people are looking at me and talking about my clothes etc. This never happened before. It has made me feel quite self conscious. It was like before when I was really overweight that I was invisible. Anyone else had this experience?

mrsmugoo Tue 17-May-16 14:15:11

Yes I have actually.

I lost 2 stone of baby weight quite quickly when my son was a year old. I knew I had just let myself go on mat leave and wanted to be back in shape before TTC again so I put my mind to losing it and it actually came off really easily (5:2 diet if anyone really wants to know)

But then I felt like all anyone wanted to do was scald me for being on a "fad diet" and questioned everything I was doing all the time.

I realised a lot of them were probably just envious of my will power and resolve and the fact I was back in my size 8 jeans feeling good!

Hold your head high and just change the subject!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now